Cancer Woman and Aquarius Man Compatibility

Famous Cancer-Aquarius Couples:  Nancy and Ronald Reagan, Natalie Wood and Robert Wagner,  Anne Morrow and Charles Lindbergh

She will attract him with her feminine ways and eventually drive him crazy with those same wiles.  These two signs could not be more different.  They are in quincunx relation to one another which makes it very hard to reconcile their differences.  The Cancer woman has a very personal feeling connection with a few people and the small world around her, perhaps to include her mother, husband, and children, but not much more.    The Aquarius man looks at the world from a broad vista, tends to live one generation in the future, and is concerned about the future of the species more than the progress or any one individual.   You see the conflict.  This relationship can work if the Cancer woman stays at home and tends the hearth and the Aquarius man puts his energy into a career that is devoted to the bigger picture.

How to Attract a Cancer Woman as an Aquarius Man:   If you want to woo this lovely creature, your best bet is to be very fatherly and to show in as many ways as possible that you would make a good husband and provider.  Chances are she’s interested in a home, and she will want to know how soon you will provide it.  Her insecurities and anxieties yearn for the calming comfort of a mature man.  She’s looking for a shoulder to cry on and someone to hold her tight at night.

How to Attract an Aquarius Man as a Cancer Woman:  No one can control or predict an Aquarian.  There isn’t much you can do if he isn’t interested in you already.  If you have caught his eye, don’t crowd him or demand too much of his time and attention.  The Aquarius man will be willing to give you plenty of that if you win his heart, but during the courtship stages it could be a turnoff.

Degree of Romance:  This can be a very romantic combination because the gender identity in each case is so strong.  Aquarians tend to be very manly men and Cancers are the ultimate feminine energy.  She will play the damsel in distress and he will feel good about solving her problems so easily with his brilliant mind.

Degree of Passion:   Somehow the protectiveness required of him in this relationship brings out about all the passion he can muster.

Degree of Friendship:  There is little to base a friendship on in this relationship.  The Cancer woman is interested in bonded intimacy, such as parent, husband, or children.  The Aquarius man, although he has a reputation of being so friendly, is usually pretty much alone in the world.  Neither sign particularly values friendship, and neither has the skills to develop it.  But there is no need for friendship in this relationship because it is so strong in other ways.

Degree of Marriage:  The combination of Aquarius man and Cancer woman makes a fine conventional marriage, particularly if he is 10 or more years older than her.  Cancer women have a childlike need for protection and security, and Aquarius will easily shoulder the responsibilities of a family.  Their love may be very focused on their children — for her, as a means of nurturing, and for him, as a window to the future.  Both are a little idiosyncratic in their own way.  We know a couple like this where the wife sleeps in the bedroom with the kids, and the husband sleeps on a cot in the hall.  Well, it works for them.

Progression of Relationship:   The Aquarius man will be very business-like in moving the relationship forward if he is seriously interested.  If not, there is nothing you can do about it.  The Cancer woman will feel surprisingly secure as the relationship develops because, relative to other men, the Aquarian man is so transparent.  It can quickly evolve into cozy nights in front of the TV or her doing the laundry while he gets on the Internet.  Conversation is not the strong point of either, yet they are able to develop much rapport.

Sex:  The Aquarian man will tend to draw great emotional support from having sex with a Cancer woman.  It may make him, in fact, insatiable.  In sex with her, he finds everything that was missing in his life.  She is quite receptive to him and silently understands what he needs.  Sex between these two is a very intimate and positive thing.

When It’s Over:  This relationship between an Aquarius man and a Cancer woman can have a kind of cruel ending if they let themselves drift apart.  Aquarius can turn and walk away on a dime leaving poor Cancer clinging helplessly to the illusion that he will return.  Aquarians are famous for sudden endings, and love is no exception to the rule.  Cancer will never understand and will be very badly hurt, but my guess is, no matter how long they were together, he made it worthwhile.

Our Rating:  6/10

Aquarius Man and Sagittarius Woman
Aquarius Man and Capricorn Woman
Aquarius Man and Aquarius Woman
Aquarius Man and Pisces Woman

65 Responses to Cancer Woman and Aquarius Man Compatibility

• ahana says:

I am an aquarius female who is 33, was having a friendly relationship with a cancer male 35 now for last 8 years . I was married to another person since i knew him. I met him in an institution as my course superviser.We never had any physical relationship in these 8 years. But used to speak over telephone for long hours. We cant even think a day without talking to each other. We are different but we used to enjoy the diffference so far. We never went for any dates as i was thinking as i was married so i should nt meet any other peeson.Two years ago i have suddenly stopped contacting him due to professional stress . He never tried to contact me except sending me a text on my birthday. Then we again started talking to each other after one and half year gap. It never seemed awkward, i said sorry and he said “you have killed me ….do you know?” Then after eight years of telephonic relationship we went for a trip to Ireland. We were never so close to each other before. Both were very shy, we had good time together. I have never been so moved by any men including my husband before this. In real life ii am tough women. Anyway we didnot have sex as i was not sure . We were supposed to meet each other again after five months in the mid of last year. He was asking me for more physical intimacy this time.He was there in Ireland but i refused to meet him as i was thinking to get rid of my previous relationship first. I think he has taken it badly as i refused to meet him.
    After 6 months now i came to see him and he told me he is goingg to marry another girl who is younger and prettier than me. He just want to be a friend of mine as usual. There is no lacking of affection in his voice or attitude. But i can feel that i love him ….no matter how qualified i am or what so ever my life will be empty without him. But iam surprised he is not feeling the same. My question is has he ever loved me truely? Although he is insisting me to be his friend i feel its fake. I cant be his friend anymore. I am crying for the last two weeks….
    I will never be able to forgive him but i want to see him happy .

• ahana says:

I am an aquarian female 33 met with a cancer male 35 now 8 years ago. He used to be my course superviser at those days. He knew i am married although we developed a friendly relationship over the telephone. We never had any intimate dates . There were many dissimilarities between us but we were never bothered . We used to talk over telephones for hours . We couldnt think of a day without talking to each other. This conversation continued even when i went abroad for study. In between i stopped contacting him due to stressed situation in my family. He never tried to contavt me but texted me on my birthday. Suddenly i got back to him after a year and half. I said sorry and he replied” i was dead….do you know that ‘…….we carried on with our conversation. Last year we met each otherr in Ireland …..we stayed there for a week. That was the first date……we were shy but we have enjoyed every moment …didnot have sex although he was willing .Hee wished me to meet me again in summer last year in the same place but i could nt meet him as i was thinking to get rid of my previous relationship first before any physical intimacy to another person. He is very sensitive. Probably he thought i am rejecting him…which was not true. Anyway now i have met him after 6 months . He told me that he is going to get married to another girl. I was surprised …..he was not unhappy at all….!
    I am not very much emotionally driven….but am crying for the last 2 weeks…..i love him more than anything of my life. He tried to console me that he will always have time for me no matter he is marrried….!
    Do you think he has ever loved me truely before?
    I cant forgive him…but i want to see him happy in his life!

• Waste of time with a cancer girl says:

Hi from France. These girls are very irrational, they are highly intuitive but they are unable to think logically, weak. Stay away from these insecure children of the moon. Aquarius needs an intelligent woman to cope up with us. Oh yeah and those who said aquarius is strange, be sure cancer is so much more confusing and weird to people in general

• MsjuGed. says:

As i am a proud Cancer we can be all of that and then some. Perhaps you didn’t have that masculine or charming strong yet gentle matured touch it takes to reach your Cancer ayyyee
    Anywho I’ve been socializing with an Aquarius since Nov. Now and so far so good except i know he has several female associates don’t want to think he screws them all but he treats me as I’m the only one in the world for him he treats Me wonderful everytime we’re together
    not looking for anything serious @ the moment just enjoying life w an Aquarius ;-)

• Animisha says:

This is jus so true with me and my husband… when an aquarian is a matured man and cancer is bit younger then this match is next to heaven.. my aquarian man is so giving loving.. detatched with others except me in the entire world.. when he love someone he love them truely.. though we fight many times they jus end with me crying and my hubby consoling me and we get back together in no time.. i feel deeply for him and vice versa.. this match is heavenly if both have more love for each other and are willing to figure out differences..

• Ana says:

Ahana, why did you push him away? I’m a Cancer female and I know what he’s feeling because I’m going out with an Aquarius man who makes me feel the way you made him feel. He actually called me up after crying for 2 days to tell me that he never was in love with anyone before he met me. I also know that he has his priorities all screwed up, and for some crazy reason, can’t seem to make me his top priority, even though he tells me he’s crazy about me, that he thinks I’m sexy and georgeous, that my voice drives him Ga-Ga (his term), that he can’t stop thinking about me, that I’m the first thing he thinks about in the morning and the last thing he thinks about before he goes to bed, and that thoughts of me even wakes him up at night, and no woman has ever done that to him before. And the craziest thing of all is that I can feel him thinking about me too – almost like we have a telepathic connection. But the way your Cancer man told you that you are killing him (emotionally?), is at times, the same way I feel my Aquarius guy is killing me by his seemingly frustrating indifference. You know Ahana, life is short. We are only on this earth for so long. The greatest gift you can give to someone who loves you is the gift of yourself. Yet Aquarians can be very selfish and self-centered with their time, giving little thougth to how the other person feels until it is too late and they’ve pushed the one they love away. In the end I don’t know if this relationship will last, but I do know that he will never forget me as long as he lives. And I feel sorry for him for that.

Ahana, if he isn’t married yet, call him. Tell him all that is in your heart. Let him hear how much you mean to him. Do it before it’s too late and you regret it for the rest of your life. Good luck and God Bless.

• Kimberly says:

I’m a 34 yr old cancerian female recently in love with a 35 year old aquarian male that i’ve known as friends/schoolmates my entire life…I am the textbook cancer and he’s a textbook aquarian…we made fast friends realizing our very similar ideals on humanitarian issues and things grew from there…I realized that I loved him but being scared to open up of course ended up showing it more so than actually saying it…I could tell he was a bit uncomfortable with the extra displays of affection and increased communication soooo I decided to research his sign more in depth and boy did that help! I learned that closing in on him made him pull away for fear of being trapped so to speak…I of course couldn’t allow myself to back completely away because I was then afraid he would think I didn’t care at all or had lost interest but I did allow more opportunities for him to make the initial contact….I’ve found that given the opportunity to be the persuer…he most definitely chose to be!!!! As far as being overly emotional….not at all….but I’ve learned overtime that it means so much more to me for him to say or do things for quality instead of quantity…the sweet gifts for no reason don’t happen often at all but when they do….there’s no doubt of the sincerity and love behind it…ive learned to far more appreciate him telling me in random intervals “you mean the world to me” as opposed to the obligatory daily “I love you too” response typically found in long term relationships…we both have killer humor and have learned how to use that in sticky situations that have the potential to turn ugly…I’ve also found that he appreciates me being up front and saying I feel this or I think that instead of being broody because he can’t magically read my mind or mood swing….the bottom line…these relationships can work without either person changing their core self….all that needs to be changed is the pre boxed notions of how a relationship should be…think in different ways and compromise!!!!! And yes….the sex is unbelievably explosively charged provided we’re both truly in the mood ;)

• Carey says:

@Kimberly… yes thats what some people think of marriage kindof like a trap. Amd also a chance for control and i mean a lot of control. I am a cancer woman and an aqua friend of mine , not bf and a few others were talking recently at a get-together recently. ITs a great thing surely,marriage is, but may not really be for some people. Some people are just not cut out for it is what all of us agreed on and should just soldier on. It was such a wonderful debate that we all had na dwent on for a few hours. very lively discussion.

• sandoval2 says:

i love marriage!!!! those women’s liberal people need to respect other people’s RIGHTs to choose what type of life they want.

• magna says:

The Aquarius woman and Aquarius man are both highly intelligent and humanitarian. They relish the unusual and eccentric and can spend many dating weekends being spontaneous and free Zodiac Dating together

• Ashleen says:

I am a cencer girl and an aquarius guy is my best friend, he is actually my cousin too.Whaen I joined facebook, he sent me a friend request, but we had never talk each other before, i accepted his request, then he sent me a smiley and after this we started chat, he spend many time in talk with me, one day he asked me my mobile number and started text me, he texted me from early morning and talk me till late at night, he said ne that i am very close friend of him, he oftenly said these word. We talked for 6 month, during these months, he has become crazy, everytime he texted me, once he proposed me i got surprise,he told that he has fallen in love with me he dont know anything just he is love me, i asked him many questions like why when how…..after 2 hours he said he was joking only….thata only a joke noyhing else…..but this thing hurtes me inwardly and i said nothing,i think i am in love with him, but perhapse he dont love me, before 2 weeks i was very disturb because of some family matters, i said him that just leave me alone forever, after that he stoped texting me, whole day I waited for his message but in vain, it hurted me very much,i sent him some pics on facebook but he didnt reply me then i decided to end this friendship, i texted him that i have changed my number so please dont text me at this numer, i unfriend him from facebook, i cried for two weeks, but now i decide that i will never contact him, he dont love me,he dont care whether i which condition i am without him, he developed a friendship with full force(i was against this frienship because of some family matters) and when i accept this friendship from the core of my heart, he left me alone…..friends plzz tell me whether i am doing right or wrong…i am in a very critical situation, plzz help me plz plz plz;(

• Aquarius says:

Once you tell an Aquarian to go,they’ll go.He probably liked you enough to get obsessed with you for 6 months but knowing the family restrictions that you talk about he might have felt there won’t be any future so he stepped back.He probably wants you but he knows he can’t have you.By blocking him out of your life you pushed him further away.If it holds no future then I guess the best thing to do is to walk away from him.Cancerian need for attachment and comfort is understandable.You can still suck up to him and ask him to be your friend but you both know that’s how far it will go.There are plenty of other guys who’ll love you the way you deserve to be loved and treated.Please don’t be sad.Cheer up and move on.

• Cancer women says:

Yes girl, Aquarius is right, forget past and move on :)

• sALMA says:

Thank you!!! I am a Cancer woman and I met a wonderful Aquarian man through the internet. After corresponding for a couple of weeks we met for dinner a month ago, and the mutual chemistry was instantaneous. He told me he’d been starved for affection, and he is wonderfully attentive to me when we are together. I’ve been puzzled, confused and a little rattled, though, about why I never hear from him between dates. Now I know that it’s not something that should threaten me — he is acting on his needs for independence and freedom. I was going to make an “issue” of his disappearing act, but now I know that that’s the one sure way to drive him away.
    Thanks again!

• sALMA says:

I’m a aquarius woman and i’m deeply in love with a cancer male it hasn’t been that long since we been together but i feel like i can grow old with this man he completes me makes me feel wanted and loved but somehow i wonder if he feels the same although i’ve asked plenty of times and he said he does but i guess that’s not enough for me. but it’s kinda complicated at the moment but i hope we can make this relationship turn into marriage one day and have fun cause he makes me laugh and i smile everytime i think of him…

Online Dating