Cancer Man and Sagittarius Woman Compatibility

Famous Cancer-Sagittarius Couples: Mike Tyson and Robin Givens, Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes, Marcel cerdan and Edith Piaf, Billy Crudup and Jennifer Connellly

This smokin’ hot combination is based on crude physics.   People always want what they can’t have.  Cancer wants a sure thing and Sagittarius wants to keep her options open.  As witness Tom Cruise closing in on Katie Holmes, Cancer men are among the most possessive of the zodiac.     Unlike the other two possessive signs we know, Taurus and Scorpio, Cancer tries to bind the person to them with egregious acts of kindness.  Furthermore, Cancer men specialize in rescue operations – what better way to bind someone to you than to make them dependent?  If the crafty little sidler acts indifferent, he’s only buying time to make his next move.  He hides his feelings so as to avoid being rejected or humiliated.  Sagittarius, of course, will have none of any of this.  She’s looking for a good life, adventure, freedom, potential and likely, sooner or later, greener pastures.   Sooner if the crab gets really clingy.  She will ignore his crab-by ways if she gets enough money to keep the good times rolling (his or hers or theirs).  A long trip every now and then goes a long way towards keeping her on the domestic side, though it isn’t appealing to Cancer who wonders, “Why would anyone ever want to leave home?”  Cancer likes to sleep in his own bed every night while Sag wonders what it’s like to watch an eclipse from Mongolia or slurp real onion soup at 3 am at Les Halles.

How to Attract a Cancer Man as a Sagittarius Woman:  Ask him how he likes the food, if appropriate, or slip into the conversation the one line he’s been waiting his whole life to hear, “What’s your favorite restaurant?”  Let him cook for you even if it means actually sitting down somewhere for a meal.   Ask about his mother.

How to Attract a Sagittarius Woman as a Cancer Man:  You have to offer her something without seeming to take something else away.  This is tricky.  Let me give you an example … “I would love to be the father of your children [after we take that ‘round the world cruise][you’re in such great shape,  you’d be a size 10 again in no time][my mom will take care of them so we have plenty of time together].  You’ll probably meet because you look at her and think, “There’s an easy going, open, fun looking gal.”  You’ve noticed how she talks to “everyone”.  Imagine your surprise to find out she’s not easy, just friendly.  And she most certainly on closer scrutiny does talk to “everyone”.   Hmmm.   Now it seems she really might be available and that wasn’t in the original game plan. That’s just your subconscious way of tricking yourself past your fear of rejection.

Degree of Romance:  Neither sign is particularly interested in romance but they will go to great lengths to fuss over one another and nurture mutual well being.  They are equallyconcerned that each stays healthy in mind, body and spirit.

Degree of Passion:  There’s something about a Cancer man that totally personalizes Sagittarius’ passion.  If there is one partner who can direct her arrow of desire, it is Cancer.

Degree of Friendship:  These two share an innocence which makes them quite compatible below the obvious level of superficial differences.   These signs are quincunx one another, different in element, personality and modality [as different as two signs can get].   Both deal with psychic complexities and Jungian archetypes and both have a guileless urge to simply know or “get” the human, eternal truths behind the complexities.  Is this friendship?  I think it’s something even better.

Degree of Marriage:  There is a nice balance of energies that makes a compatible marriage.  Both partners like peace and serenity, good will and win-win nurturing situations.  They tend to bring out the very best in one another.

Progression of Relationship:  Cancer keeps trying to get close and intimate while Sag is going for “getting to know you” fun and adventure.  They quickly learn of each other’s good intentions and how to compromise gracefully.  They really love and take care of one another and any children.  Cancer makes sure they are safe and sound.  Sagittarius makes sure they grow in the light..

Sex:   Sexual passion is the secret glue to this bond.  It is absolutely awesome, very play-full and child like in its openness and light hearted sharing of absolutely everything.  Each time they come together is like the first time!

When It’s Over:  It doesn’t need to end but if it does, it’s likely to be orchestrated kindly without dwelling on mistakes or who’s to  blame.   They both tried their hardest and know the other one did too.  Some things just don’t work out.  The hope will be continued cherishing of what they created together with a win for everyone.  We vote this the couple most likely to stay in touch with their ex’s parents and family.

More on Sagittarius Women

Cancer Man and Scorpio Woman
Cancer Man and Capricorn Woman
Cancer Man and Aquarius Woman
Cancer Man and Pisces Woman

83 Responses to Cancer Man and Sagittarius Woman Compatibility

• melinda says:

also he says being with me is like a dream. says he’s never felt this way with the other girls he’s been with. sometimes he tells me he misses me very badly but most of the time when i tell him i miss him, i do not get a proper reply , sometimes i dont even get a reply :(

• Makeda says:

I am utterly, completely, and undeniably attracted to a Cancerian man that runs a buisness that I go into sometimes.
    I was not drawn to him on looks, but something else that I can NOT put my finger on.
    Things have got odd between us now, we have kissed, acknowledged the attraction, but…. yeah, it has all gone very…difficult.
    When I am in his company, I can actually sense this “vibe” between us, and yet, he can appear pretty distant and almost off hand with me.
    I am a sag, 3rd of December, Pisces Moon.
    Enough is enough (Quote from Love actually).

• Makeda says:

I should also add, that I am incredibly choosy where men are concerned, I have made a few mistakes, but in general, I am petty picky, my venus is Capricorn and my Venus is Virgo, not too sure if this has a major impact or not.
    I am not a bunny boiler, have no issue attracting guys, and yet…. this slightly geeky guy who I was not attracted to from the off start has got under my skin and I wish I could just reverse it really.
    I am going away for a few days to the coast to unwind, nurture my soul(I love the sea) and put things in perspective away from the city noise.
    God knows what has occured, I class it as a “subconscious attraction”, a lot harder to move on from I feel.

• Makeda says:

Um, I meant my Venus is Capricorn, and my Mars is Virgo.

• anonymous says:

@ melinda…… hey girl being not virgin or gud looking thing is no reasons for he being giving no replies …. maybe something else going on with him /:) Don’t worry every thing will be fine :) hey just one thing i can’t digest….. boy n virgin ;) hahahaha

• melinda says:

well from where i come from, ppl make a big deal of it. losing virginity is taboo and good looks a requirement. :| sad.

• anonymous says:

hmmmmm……i think when there is tru luv nothing comes in between…… :)

• melinda says:

well said :) thank u :)
    but still i don’t get why last week he asked me to start dressing up. asked me to try n look sexy. makes me feel like looks are wat matters :(

• Rosetta says:

Will we ever get married

• Maria says:

@?Melinda….. hi friend u r giving too much importance to him. U kn ow wat??? just avoid him for sometime. If he get back to u curiously he is urs. n if not n still behaves like a friend then just b a frnd… n one most important thing don’t stretch this issue, coz if u will do so then U r gonna b d looser- u will loose those beautiful days n nights, tht positve aura around u. n most imp. wid tht stress u wont b able to concentrate on any of ur imp work coz of which u may loose ur other frnds n close ones.

Instead i wud suggest tht once he reverts back after ur avoidance, simply ask him whether he lovs u or not??

REMEMBER: sympathy is not d answer n m sure u r not even looking for it. Even GOD does’nt help u unless U HELP URSELF. And only u can help urself NOBODY ELSE.

N if his answer is “NO”. then forget him. i know is not easy but its not too hard. u r just 18. u have loooooong life to live.

N m sure god must have thought of a better partner for U.

I’m not a philosopher, but all d above written is a personal experience, trust me it really worked for me. n m really enjoying my life.

• Maria says:

@ Rosetta – hi there.. this question really irritates… d right answer is TALK, n d best answer is action.

• Adreanna says:

yo maria up there is deep dude i wish u could help me but ur not a taurus and ur not dating a pisces but still deep stuff

• Haythi says:

My boyfriend is awesome he loves me we kiss like muh muh

Ahhhhhhhhhh…….

• colleen says:

I am a Sag woman who was married to a Cancer man. He was moody, and very secretive (he was having an affair). Marriage started out great, but slowly fell apart, and ended in disaster.

Cancer men have no desire to communicate, while us Sags have no problem expressing ourselves.

• Marcell says:

I cheated on my girlfriend and i feel awful and worse my girlfriend is pregnant i want to tell her but im scared of what she because the last boyfriend she had that cheated on her she attacked him :O

• AnneD says:

I seriously do not think a Cancer man & Sag woman make a good combination. I dated one & let me tell you, never again. He is a true cancer who does “acts of kindness” and supposedly doesn’t ask for anything in return… However, whenever an argument comes up (which was very frequent), he would list the things he’s done for me or the gifts he’s bought. I never asked him to do or buy any of those things! As a Sag, I’m extremely independent & love my freedom. Some Cancer men would rather you be alienated from your friends & does not encourage mending fences; all because he wants you all to himself. Fellow Sag ladies, take heed.. these men will make like he is what you were looking for: someone who can stimulate you intellectually, be adventurous, and accept you for you… Although, he can offer you the stability that we sometimes need (in contrast to our freelance spirit), it ALL comes with a price. I’m sure not all Cancer men are the same but let’s just say this is one mistake I don’t plan on making twice.. even if the sex was great.. the drama, fighting, and “crabbiness” (pun intended) just isn’t worth it..

• ampi says:

hehehehe……u alll r really ………..!!!!! fuuunnyyyy!!!!! dont wory so much ……:) :) :) ^_^

• Armygirl says:

Im so in love with my cancer man. He is 3 yrs younger then me yet he completes me in so many ways. My man is my soul mate. When we are thousands of miles apart we still feel each others thoughts and know when something is going great or wrong. We are so spiritaully connected. When we are together everyone compliments us on happy we look together. Every since the day i meant him i have been glowing yes i love my cancer man

• echvv says:

• Sunny says:

Honestly at first I wasn’t attracted to him… I thought he was being too nice months later I realized he was a good guy so we made it official .. Things were so nice in the beginning buy little by little it started to get a Lil boring and he isolated me and never encouraged me in anything. I was always making him feel good .. Wen were in eachothers presence it feels good and wen I’m not it doesn’t .. I felt like I was boring and I lost my spark especially not hanging out wit Friends- only him.. Everytime I would express my feelings he didn’t meet me on that same emotional deep level.. It’s like they want wat they can’t have but wen they have it they become comfortable .. He says he loves me however we just broke up and I poured my heart out to him but he hasn’t even responded to my txt messages so is that even love? He feels like we shud do separte ways n I wanted to fix it.. Idk I think cancers are very insecure and so they make their partner feel the same unintentionally.

• Jules says:

Holy moly @AnnieD!!!! I just went through the EXACT same experience!!!!!! I am a total Sag…. and he is a definite Cancer… at first it was amazing! He treated me like a queen, amazing!!! I could say anything I wanted around him and he loved me being who I was!!! Then SNAP… out of the blue he started taking an offense to everything I said, even when I was complimenting him. He would always drown himself in his own sorrows, and as I am miss happy-go-lucky and super positive, I would try and bring him up…. but he always refused and INSISTED on being a grinch!! I have never met anyone who can do such a fast 180 degree flip in my life. I go through moments where I think of those good times, and wonder what happened… but everytime I come to the realization that he was all a facade in the beginning…. a negative nelly attracted to my positive personality. It would only be a matter of time before he took me down with him…. which he did!
    so Sag woman… be CAREFUL!! never ever sacrifice yourself for someone else, never be in the position where you are afraid to speak out because you know he will take offense. We Sag’s are an amazing group of people, so driven, so positive, very energetic, and so outgoing! Be yourself, and the right man will come along and love up every part of you!!!!!
    xoxox Jules ;-)

• OntarioChampagne says:

I’m a Sag and currently flirting with a Cancer workmate. He’s soo sweet (too sweet) and it’s definitely true about the ‘acts of kindness’!! We have a great sexual spark, and he wants to make things official between the two of us, but there’s no way I would date someone like him! He’s way too needy, he’s the type who wants to hold my hand all the time and send me texts for no good reason like ‘just got home, getting into the shower now’, ‘went to the shops to get bread but it was all stale’, ‘the dude at the teller’s is really slow and incompetent’, ‘just got my car washed’. I mean really? Am I supposed to reply to such? Go live your life, and do it quietly, dont text me all day long!! But I can’t keep my hands off him, that’s the problem. Everytime I’m near his body, I want to be against it. And he’s so keen to oblige :-) . But I’m not comfortable with going further sexually while we’re in this unofficial casual status. Sigh. If only he were an Aquarius or something!!

• Bella gosling says:

I too am deeply infatuated with a cancer man..we have the best time and amazing sex when we are together. It’s been a month since we first met and when we see each other we can’t keep our hands off each other. He’s definitely a touchy feely kinda man. Someone who loves giving me his full attention and hold my hand everywhere we go. Our situation is different because he is moving far away in a couple of months and Im trying hard not to get too attached. He knows this and he told me not to fall in love with him. I’m not sure how he can control his feelings. I’m baffled. Of course love takes time but I can’t help but fall deeply more infatuated. I could either stop seeing him or continue this madness but don’t want the heartache at the end. At the same time, I would rather keep seeing him even if for the brief moment because the times we had so far have been so amazing.

• S.Hall says:

Well im a sag woman and my honey is a Cancer man and we are def a great match. I cant lie, we have our share of arguments because we are complete opposites when it comes to expressing ourselves, but the arguments never last long and usually end up in GREAT makeup sex. We’ve been ‘official’ for 3 yrs but we’ve been dealing with each other for about 4 and half years (took us awhile due to his trust issues) but its been amazing. We have a daughter together and we both have a child from a prev relationship so we have a total of 3 kids in the house. We both share the same amount of love and dedication for our family and are often on the same page when it comes to our “Family First” Motto. I think that is the biggest thing that keeps us together. I think we balance each other out. When my “I just wanna be free” attitude kicks in, he helps me calm down and focus. And when he starts to become stale, i can usually get him out that rut. I love our relationship, there are things we need to work on but what relationship is perfect?!

• shelly says:

hi everyone,
    Im with a cancer man for juz a year now,its still ‘unofficial’ between us though we both go around for movies n lil hangouts nd a regular visit is wat he wants in d wkends..i wasn attracted to him or so wen v first met but now i think its infatuation!
    ‘The Problem’ is he dosnt propose..But m WAITING for him to propose,dying rather …
    ANy suggestns??

• shelly says:

um,also i knw with a cancer u have to keep patience but i jus cant nwadays..im a sag btw! Nw its like,if we dont meet on the planned day hes vry upset…he says he likes me,we text each odr almost the whole day bt dnt talk ovr d phn like it usd to b in d begining…i dnt like dat :( stl m ok abt it.. I am just concernd abt m hm not making it OFFICIAL! I REALLY WANT to strt a relationshp wit him nw! PLEASE HELP!

• tnv says:

we gets wasteedddd! LUV UM dont think it will ever end ….when does longevity or marriage appropriate? when do they start flippin out? Been 4 awesome weeks and im a sag moon pisces asendant leo ………he’s the fuckin best thus far don\t wanna jinx it already

• MsX says:

AnnD is completely correct. i’ve been married to a cancer a little over ten year and we are both very attractive to the opposite sexes. however, this man is SO pessimistic that i, at one time, thought about killing myself just to rid my life of him because of how difficult it is to divorce him (red tape). i am now enjoying an affair and a life outside of just his little shell and invite him to do the same. if he leaves me, oh well. it just means i dont have to do all the sorting out. but he wont because outward appearances and his stability means more to him that his spiritual freedom. lol!

• MsX says:

disclaimer: it is not just his negativity, but he lied to me about how truly interested in me he was, how outgoing he was, how unselfish he was…he is noneof those. he talks to my family members behind my back and absolutely hates to be criticized, especially when all i want to do is make him better. it is a farce to argue with him because he is never dealing with the present issue(s), his grudges keep him bringing up past issues. his sex is awesome, but i really just dont “like” him. i will get out of this somehow, but i will need to be smart about it.

• XOXOBB says:

All I have to say is I feel like my realationship with my cancer man is AMAZING! We’ve been together for a year now. But I do think where my moon is places is one of the deal makers. I’m a sag with a a piscies moon, and I feel that makes me more compatable with him than other sags. I love being taken care of, I want children, I want to be a housewife (and maybe my southern standards added to our compatability as well), I want the whole family deal, which also helps. And honestly, if you’ve done something wrong, the secret bond really is sex, all of our fights end in crazy makeup sex and I couldn’t be any happier with him!

I would deff say stick it out and try, because once all the kinks are worked out, after the first 3 months (and this is directed to the sags, you’ll want to pull away) and everything will fall into place and he’ll be your knight in shining armor!

• onthefence says:

lmao @ontariochampagne. that is the funniest and most accurate description i’ve read.

being courted, actually seduced, by a cancer. we don’t see things eye to eye and he doesn’t have a sense of humor, which all the guys i’ve dated had, and this is a pretty rigid requirement for me. i want to give in to this sexual tension we have between the two of us, that i’ve never felt before, but i know it comes with strings attached and expectations of me conforming to who he thinks i should be. honor and truth is a pretty big deal for me, and i’m mostly attracted to guys that feel the same, but this guy is really pushing the sexual attraction button, though i know we won’t be happy together.

• Temperance says:

@onthefence always remember: you are precious to someone. So don’t hurt yourself sitting on the fence.

• Cindy says:

To Sag women dating Cancer men. The first Cancer guy i dated…well, we knew what the other was thinking even hundreds of miles away, but, in the end we really were better friends than lovers. Niether of the cancer men i have dated have been very possessive, each seeming to know how to give me the space i need to want to come home, but sometimes i could see them struggle with it. The sex with each is alright, not spectacular, especially as they are not all that adventurous and can be gentlemanly to a fault! However, my current cancer boyfriend is the only person i can imagine spending the rest of my life with…is it Stockholm Syndrome? No, we have a lot in common and respect for what we do not agree or share interest in. Also, mine likes to travel and before even meeting him i had grown into much more of a homebody than anyone would ever have expected so it is as if, before meeting we each grew a little more towards to middle. I think maybe that this particular sign “love match” is something that works for older couples (we are both in our 40s). We are such compliments in abilities and interests that we can travel, spend entire months 24/7 together and still want to be around each other. The hardest thing with a “crab” is their pessimism and sometimes seeming deceit because of a refusal to communicate, patience and cajoling works wonders and he is absolutely willing to work on spicing up our sensual lives! i obviously think there is more to compatibility than star signs, otherwise i would never have dated any cancer, but, it can be the best decision ever (p.s. one of the best things my cancer men have done is always pull out my softer side, worry and takecare of me, but most of all been extremely supportive of my ideas including business ones…when you have hesiated in business because you just were scared, but knew it was a good choice…that one voice next to you saying its right no matter what your family says is magical letting your own true courage through).