Libra Woman and Capricorn Man Compatibility

Famous Libra-Capricorn Couples: Dita von Tees and Marilyn Manson, Edith Galt and Woodrow Wilson, Jayne Meadows and Steve Allen

Never was a marriage more of a partnership agreement than with these two who work beautifully with one another in tandem toward common goals.    Each sign is good at goal setting and defining areas of responsibility for mutual efforts.  They commit by nature for efficiency) and they really enjoy the partnership process, believing that “two heads are better than one”.  Each has been waiting their whole life for a faithful (accountable) sidekick almost as if the attainment of one were a rite of passage.  Because of this the outlining of duties can be a bit tense.  They will take social obligations with an earnestness approaching fanaticism, keeping careful track of what they did with each couple and what is expected in return.  They will be careful to return invitations within the proper time frame.  They enjoy entertaining but are not particularly good at getting the right mix of people together.

How to Attract a Capricorn Man as a Libra Woman:    Dress conservatively and appropriately for the occasion.  Have your hair under control LOL.   Be businesslike.  Use your superior social skills to keep the conversation going.  Understand that his reserve masks a great deal of shyness and fear of rejection.  If you don’t ever want to see him again, try teasing him or being bossy.   First and foremost, you don’t have to control everything around the guy and the date.  Believe me when I tell you that in his own quiet way, he runs things better than you could ever dream of.  You finally found someone you can relax with if you only you will.  For God’s sake do yourself a favor and try saying “yes” for three months straight rather than “yes, BUT …”.   Don’t bring your friends into the picture till you’ve met his family.  I really mean this.  I know It will be hard but it’s important.  It makes a very strong statement that means something to hiim.

How to Attract a Libra Woman as a Capricorn Man:  You will have to find an icebreaker (pray hard!!!!)  She won’t always judge you on your social skills but they are pretty important at first.  Your best bet is to compliment something attached to her but not personal such as a glimpse at her keyring.  Say it is “clever” or “interesting” or “different”.  That’s enough to get her talking.  If you don’t do well right away and are really struck with her, this is one case where I recommend a dating coach.

Degree of Romance:   This couple will follow protocols largely because they lack the imagination to get off the beaten path.  Capricorn, be careful because in the romance department Libra is the Queen of Withholds and Scorekeeping.  She will have a set of internalized expectations about romantic behavior (“If he really loved me, he would … “)  She will withhold her displeasure when you fail to read her mind but it goes on the scoreboard under “Strikes Left”.  When you strike out for the last time, which is some arbitrary, made up rule she has, she will then sandbag or ”unload” on you out of nowhere with invectives and diatribes because 1>you didn’t do this and >2 you didn’t do that  >3 and another thing ….  That’s when you find out what a good scorekeeper she is.  This will be the first time you’ve heard of your sins of omission so you’re caught completely off guard.  Now you also know how good she is at 1> setting you up, 2> keeping you in the dark and 3> unloading with both barrels.

Degree of Passion:  There may be a lot of hatred in this relationship from time to time but not any passion.  If they go to any extremes it will be contempt and ridicule without mercy … ouch!  Libra can be singularly lacking in compassion and with her help in wardrobe selection, Capricorn easily slips into the hair suit.

Degree of Friendship:  Do friends badger each other?  I doubt if it weren’t for sexual attraction, they would like being alone together more than a few minutes except for some sly social climbing on Capricorn’s part.

Degree of Marriage:  This is good marriage material particularly when focused on external achievements, careers and child rearing.

Progression of Relationship:   The relationship will proceed according to Libra’s particular logic. She does a lot of testing which Capricorn plods willingly through.  During courtship may be the only time Capricorn performs this well, so, Libra, enjoy!

Sex:  Sex is always negotiable between these two.  Far from a feeling or emotion and hardly an undeniable physical urge, it is basically a bargaining tool.  It is not unlikely for Libra to hold out for a new toaster oven and Cappie won’t even see the humor.  His sense of himself as provider – and her ongoing and incessant propaganda that he is so lucky to have her — dictate that he gives while she receives.

When It’s Over: Libra may never appreciate Capricorn til he’s gone.

More on Libra Women

Capricorn Man and Sagittarius Woman
Capricorn Man and Capricorn Woman
Capricorn Man and Aquarius Woman
Capricorn Man and Pisces Woman

61 Responses to Libra Woman and Capricorn Man Compatibility

• bananalemonpie says:

i’m a libra and i’ve been with my capricorn man for almost six months. things are going great and we’ve only had one fight! what they say here is a load of bullshit

• Kiarra says:

I am a Libra female(like most people who commented) and I’m taking to a Capricorn guy. We’re both young, I’m 16, he’s 17. I’ve read all the comments and most are pretty true. Our differences and similarities make us interested in each other. But like someone else commented, I friendship is SUPER boring and dry. I have to always start a topic to talk about. And he doesn’t like to take control at all or make decisions. I we were in a relationship, I would wear the pants. Most Libras are pretty lazy and being the strong one of our friendship is to much work for me. Also, when we first were talking, it was enjoying; he was VERY sweet and gave me plenty of comments like “you’re gorgeous” or “you have a pretty face”, things Libras need to hear. But now he doesn’t text me back as much and when we’re on the phone, it’s complete silence. Now I’ve known him for a month and he hasn’t asked me out. I thought he really liked me and things were going great, but now he says he just want us to be friends. Maybe Libras & Caps are better off as being friends. I know it’s not that serious, but I’m still confused. Maybe Caps take a while to make decisions & I’m just being to impatient as a Libra. And he said he just want us to be friends right now, but he doesn’t want us to see other people. When im around, he freezes up and can’t even look into my eyes, but I try to be as comfortable as I can with him. The whole situation is like “WTF?” if anybody reads this, PLEASE give advice.

• Jackie Lyon says:

I’m laughing so hard because this is so RIGHT ON!!! It’s as though someone is writing specifically about me and my Cappie :-)

• ronnie says:

i like the first part, i been married 10 years to my husband im 28 hes 29 we get along great and we never argue maybe twice in ten years cuz he wont argue with me!! he is great, hes the most loyal, faithful, greatest dad to our two kids age 9 and 4 and i love him to death i so disagree with i wont miss him till hes gone!!!!! hes my best friend and my soulmate i cant stnd the thought of anything happeing to him so the last part is retarded and we dont ever have hatred for each other and sex is amazing every time!!! not a bargaining tool what so ever

• Sheryl says:

As a Libra woman, I’ve dated 3 Cappies in my life and this article is spot on! I indeed was keeping “score” even though I didn’t say so and when I reached my boiling point I exploded. Magnificient sex with a Cappie but it’s not enough to sustain the relationship.

• Aleayah says:

This is so weird, its as if someone has been taking notes on me and my Capricorn’s relationship. How it described me (Libra girl) was ridiculously accurate. And how it described him (Capricorn guy) makes a lot of sense. We’ve been dating on and off for a little over a year and I never understood why we had so many problems even though we seemed to click so well until I started looking into our astrology. I definitely do the whole “keeping score” thing and I keep quiet about them until I’ve had enough which usually ends in a fight. But whenever I try to explain my problems to him he just makes me feel like I’m over reacting and he blows it off. We have pretty suck-ish communication skills LoL. He just keeps all his thoughts and feelings inside and makes pretty important decisions without telling me which leaves me confused ALL THE TIME. He’s also not really a take-charge kind of guy which is frustrating for me as a lazy Libra. Since we don’t really like decisions Libras don’t mind someone else in charge, but hes not that guy. It feels like I have to do everything in this relationship. Anyone agree? Anyway now that I know that I’m not just crazy and that other ppl go through this I feel a lot better about our relationship, it gives me hope that we can work.

• Queen Steph says:

Funny, in comparison to my Capricorn and I the sex description in every article I’ve read is waaaaaaaay off. We are BOTH so passionate and the communication is so clear. My Capricorn and I agree that together we have the best sexual connection either of us have ever had before. Reading that it may fizzle is a little unerving. As far as the Libra keeping score thing, yea, that is spot on! We do it…ALL the time. I have however reached a point in my life where instead of doing this I am learning to communicate troubles or uncomfortable moments in hopes of promptly resolving or avoiding them in the future. I see the most potential EVER with my Capricorn and if I had gone off of Libra/Capricorn Match articles ALONE, i may have sabotaged the most incredible peaceful relationship I’ve ever had in my life. And who says Capricorn is not outgoing!? That’s how he got my attention. ;)

• Pingback: Capricorn Man and Libra Woman Compatibility « MY Aching Book.com

• Pingback: Libra Woman and Capricorn Man Compatibility « MY Aching Book.com

• Sharima says:

The last line was dumb. Capricorn didn’t appreciate Libra til she was gone. The first one still wants me back three years later, and the second one stalked me for three weeks before he went into hiding. He’s probably dead. Who knows? And how can a couple lacking in passion, but full of hatred make an 8/10 marriage? Our standards of marriage must really suck these days. =/

• Aquarius man doesn't understand social interactions says:

“Capricorn, be careful because in the romance department Libra is the Queen of Withholds and Scorekeeping. She will have a set of internalized expectations about romantic behavior (“If he really loved me, he would … “”– quoted

Nancy I have to agree. From my personal experience with Libra women, they are score keepers.
    Sure i have met the more Inwardly kind ones who dont get nosey into people’s business, but they go away and cry and try not to step on anyone’s toes. These, the ones you describe, these are the ones I witness in real life alot.
    They just have these terrible expectations about everyone. It’s unrealistic, and i feel for the Capricorn man too.