Cancer Woman and Libra Man Compatibility

Famous Cancer-Libra Couples:  Pamela Anderson and Tommy Lee

This is a bossy combo!  Believe it or not, these two will fight for control more than practically any other pair.  Their only salvation is to give the Cancer woman complete control of the household if there is to be any peace at all.  But unfortunately, Libra seems to bring out the worst in Cancer.

How to Attract a Cancer Woman as a Libra Man: You can begin by promising her a beautiful home some day.  Really, this lady is so bossy and hell-bent on domesticity, or whatever she equates with financial security, that you have to speak the language very plainly to get through to her.  She is the type of woman likely to have an agenda.  She knows the year she wants to marry, the year she wants to have kids, the year she wants to quit work, the year she wants to take her first trip to europe, etc., etc.  It may appeal to you because you are somewhat like that yourself but perhaps you do not realize that her bossiness will know no end.  Giving her what she wants will only encourage her to ask for more.  Happily, she is not likely to step over into your territory if you give her control over the home.

How to Attract a Libra Man as a Cancer Woman:   Show an interest in his career and convince him you will be an asset to his climb to the top.  Demonstrate superior social skills.  Show him you will make a good hostess for his clients and associates and talk about running a home like running a business.  Engage in discussions of financial security unemotionally and without batting an eye.  Underneath your stereotypical layers of domesticity, you’re a calculating machine, so show it.  It’s the fast track to his information center.

Degree of Romance:  You, dear little Cancer, will insist on every single accoutrement of romance.  You will nag, whine, weep and manipulate until you get what you want on Mother’s Day, Valentine’s day, your birthday, major religious holidays, and will demand reciprocity after you put out for anything, such as entertaining his parents or granting a special favor in the boudoir.  You strike a hard bargain.

Degree of Passion: None.

Degree of Friendship: It’s more like business partners than friendship.

Degree of Marriage: This can be a successful first union if it focuses on the formulaic aspects of marriage such as building a career and furnishing a home. Because of Cancer’s proclivity to focus on the home, these may drift apart but not notice it for years.  She will be happy as long as he buys her stuff for the house, and he will be happy as long as she stays in it.  Maybe that’s more than most couples have.

Progression of Relationship:  Cancer will design a series of channel locks which Libra will have to navigate successfully to round the bases and touch home.  These steps are likely to include presents, weekend trips, dealing with the parents, a fur coat, whatever the traffic will allow … she‘ll keep raising the bar.  The sheer logic of it has some appeal for Libra.  She is speaking in an algebraic language that might be translated as follows:  if you do this for me, I will do that for you.  The Libra, being a Libra, will trot right along.  The danger is that this quid pro quo approach will degenerate into manipulation.  If it does, the Libra will turn very cold indeed.  Though she will hardly notice, the end will not then be far.

Sex:  Sex for this couple is like collecting green stamps (for those of you old enough to remember green stamps).  After she gets a few, she’ll want to trade them in for an upgrade.  Ms. Cancer is always keeping score and planning her next move.  If your mind is on your work, Libra, you might not have noticed that you‘re being taken.  Cancer can do a good imitation of motherliness and caring but there’s a price exacted.  Her special favors will require special arrangements.  Libra is not the victim, though.  He‘s a shrewd negotiator, and after all, he created this monster.

When It’s Over:   This relationship will end in one place and one place alone:  the deep freeze.  That’s after you’ve sliced and diced each other under the guise of equity and fairness.  This can be one of the most bitter endings conceivable.

Our Rating:   Buyer beware!

More on Cancer Women

Libra Man and Sagittarius Woman
Libra Man and Capricorn Woman
Libra Man and Aquarius Woman
Libra Man and Pisces Woman

87 Responses to Cancer Woman and Libra Man Compatibility

• ijs says:

I am a Cancer women and have been dating a Libra man for 11 yrs. We have two children together and I must say I agree w/the majority of this article. We just don’t match but we love each other and can’t seem to let go. We argue over every thing.

• m says:

That is the most hateful, inaccurate description of a Cancer female I’ve read in a long time. Maybe you have some personal baggage you need to unload? Way harsh!

• Debbie says:

I am a Cancer women. I am married to a Libra man. I am not all that is said here. We are all not the same. I built him a business & none of my own. He is successful, & I encourage this. You have to choose your battels & both need to give into the other. This can work if you want it to. Being mature & knowing yourself really helps. Life does not have to be a fight, you can work together as a team, & be happy. You don’t want a man who is a pushover. They are boring, we need a strong man.

• shilpi says:

i broke up with a libra man ,nothing worked out.

• Ly says:

Currently dating a Libra man, who is my best friend, however i feel NO attraction to him and would rather be friends….

• Lydia says:

Dating a Libra man who is my close friend, however i have no feelings / attraction towards him and would rather be friends..now i have to tell him this the next time i see him..

• Lydia says:

*oh and the over-doing of compliments can get too much for me

• Kiara says:

Libran men as charming as they may appear, lack substance which is a big turn off for cancer females .. That’s my personal opinion though after like seeing 3 libran guys (just a coinc) On the other hand the fact that I am a strong independent girl got to their nerves (yes, to all three of them). Control is definitely a problem here. Spot on I say.

• Kiara says:

Also I’d like to add that my bf whose a scorp finds the fact I’m so focused and responsible very endearing <3

• Shelley.S says:

Why are all the Cancers here acting so…Cancerian!? Crawl your hurt selves back into your little shells! As a Scorpion I accept both the good AND the bad personality traits; determined yet demanding, loyal yet stubborn, dedicated yet possessive, strong yet jealous etc etc. I have a lot of Cancerian friends and you are spot on Nance! One just got married to a much older Libran man recently who has also been recently divorced with a couple of kids. Both signs do appear quite similar in temperament and attitudes, but my Cancerian friend is calling all the shots – I can see that! Poor guy…will never learn.

• Shelley.S says:

youre thinking of ‘tommy lee jones’ haha nance is right – tommy lee!

• zolisa says:

I’ll have to agree with #2…do you perhaps have anything to say about a cancerian woman. Cancerians are kind, caring, loyal people, self reliant (independent), career driven, successful and etc, and the Libra in my life shares the same traits. A cancerian gets even when done wrong they are not hypocrites like you make them sound.

Anything bad about the libra man because all you went on and on about is how bad a cancerian is and my comment here is not typical of a cancerian its just I am amazed at how you can portray a cancerian as the worst kind of a person.

Are cancerian women only homely? Absurd description if I may add…

• zolisa says:

Thought I should share with you this reading. At least it covers both the good and negative traits of both star signs and that is what I expected from your reading. I am disappointed to say, I expected an objective reading rather than subjectivity. Kindly read the reading I went to for confirmation because I could not believe your negative attitude towards a cancerian woman, its my first. We might be reading these transcripts but we also know ourselves and have no problem with our weaknesses because every human being has faults no matter which star sign;

“When the Libra and Cancer follow up a romantic relationship, they make a appealing but difficult combination of Air and Water. As the Cancer is very supportive and sensitive and Libra is very romantic and logical, they compliment each other well. Both of them love harmony and work hard to achieve it in their relationship.

A Libra man is a very logical man with practical solutions to almost all problems of the world. He is very enthusiastic and optimistic person with a charming smile. He cannot handle confusion and in order to maintain stability he aspires for harmony in all aspects of life. Libra invented romance so in a romantic relationship with a Cancer woman, he always proves to be a worthy mate with all the tricks of romance and love on his sleeves. Though he is very easy going and careless person which makes a Cancer woman worried regarding her Libra male but still with his warmth and charming smiles maintains the relation well.

A Cancer woman can display many characteristics within a short span of time like a glittering mermaid. She is basically very sensitive and emotional with long mood swings that bring waves of emotions in her. She has a strong determination and sense of career/money. She is usually very shy and hesitates to make the first move in a relationship due to her fear of rejection. In a relationship with Libra man, she becomes very caring and understanding companion. She has a lovely sense of humor that keeps her Libra man’s spirits high.

Cancer woman makes a stimulating partner for the Libra male with a different mindset about most things in life. She is a very devoted and compassionate mate for her Libra man who takes care of his every inch and corner. Though she is pessimistic but his optimism can balance out their lives well. She can make him smile in his gloominess and can even take wise decisions for him when he is unstable. But sometimes her indifferent attitude might hurt him immensely as he is very frank and she cannot respond positively to criticism. However, the splendid smile and the praising words of Libra man can cheer her up again making her the same jolly person who loves to make him smile. Libra man is one person who does not suffer from masculine ego problem and admires and respects her for every bit of what she is.

A Libra man becomes one of a kind, charming lover for the Cancer woman. He is deeply romantic and expresses his love with such grace that makes her feel secure and just like a princess. His attraction has purity with such openness that she can feel protected and free at the same time. She passionately adores the loving nature of him and respects him for his logical decisions and guidance. He harmonizes nicely with the fluctuating moods of his Cancer lady, making her feel emotionally secure, which in turn brings out all her sterling qualities of loyalty, patience and devotion. But with time he makes her realize that he does not enjoy being nagged continuously and wants his space. This can make her insecure and suspicious for sometime but with real cord of attachment and devotion given by him, she can be more confident soon.

With the splendid traits the Cancer woman and Libra man share, they can actually walk a long distance with each other. Both of them are beautifully imaginative and tenderly sentimentally to understand each others’ mood swings and hidden differences and work on those to bring an eternal harmony to their relationship. The optimism of him teaches her to be more free and experimental, while the pessimism of her shows him how to be cautious and escape undue troubles. He gives her the freedom with security that helps her to fly high and she gives him care with space that helps him to nurture beautifully. She has a sophisticated sense of humor and he has a charismatic smile, together they can laugh, balance each other out, make each others’ souls dance, and warm the other’s heart with love. They can sing and well verse poetry too as they both appreciate art and are heart-throb romantic.

Cancer woman and Libra man share a great sexual chemistry which might seem like a gift from the heavens, with their hearts feeling completely satisfied and blessed. Respecting each others’ feeling and understanding the depth of oneness, their physical love can be a beautiful experience of gentle pleasure, the kind of intimacy that makes them tremble just anticipating it in each other’s eyes, and brings them a new peace and contentment. He fills the air with romance and she cools their surroundings with her compassion, making their physical intimacy an experience full of passion and delight. But when she continues to be suspicious of the Libra man or he does not express his feelings frequently, they might get uninterested in their physical relationship. The moment they find the root cause of their problem, they find a solution as they both love harmony and so they can continue to have a peaceful relationship. She actually wants so much pleasure to give herself over to hum, but not allowing herself to do it until she trusts him deeply. She tries to keep still, remain quiet and passive, yet allow her sexual tension, her lustful arousal, slowly and continually builds.

Though the pair of Cancer woman and Libra man is not very easy to work on but there are very few broken Cancer-Libra relationships that can’t be mended. Once they are actually together, they cherish their relationship in one way or the other for rest of their lives. She can be a bit more possessive due to her insecurities and some more stingy too as she has a strong concern for money. But he needs to assure her of his loyalty and let her have a say in financial matters. Also she should give him the space he needs and be more positive towards his criticism as his only reason to point out the faults is to bring improvement and not to insult. Each of them should concentrate on the virtues of the other, even though those traits may be markedly different in each”.

• Elle says:

Haha! I am seeing quite a bit in this. Honestly, there are so many syrupy sweet write-ups about the libra-cancer attraction that your seemingly harsh article looks simply Honest. It adds balance, we can look for the rose-color on literally any other site on the internet. So, thanks– can’t be easy with so much hatemail, but I’m sure your chart deals with it fine ;) .

• Pingback: Carlos Pundik,Scentsy,Buy Scentsy,Buy Scentsy Online,Join Scentsy,Sell Scentsy,sell scentsy candles,sell candles,sell candle home,sell candles from home online,sell candles make money,start a candle business online,start a candle business with scentsy onl

• SO EFFIN TRUE says:

My parents got married 20 years ago and my mum is a cancer and my dad is a libra. from the start she hated him and even as kids we knew what was going on. She seperated from him loads of times but because of family issues and his sticky-sweet like charm-they got back together. They won’t work out and I know that and tbh you should not put these to together-the more they are further apart-the more they find they are unable to cope.

• Keila says:

I am a cancer woman and this is some bullshit…

• christine says:

Im a Cancerian and am deeply in love with a libra man. it is true that the emotional cancer and the cool and calm libra will annoy each other to devastation but to me, only that one libra man is able to unleash such a side of me. In other words, my wonderful spouse made me find the real me. On top of that, I know that he will love me at my best and worst and vice versa. In my opinion, such occurences happen when two people are unwilling to be considerate of one another’s feelings and there is no give and take in the relationship. When a relationship is mature with mutual understanding, even the impossible can become the possible. Hence to people reading this article, remember that this is only one case study and that you decide your own paths. Accept the weaknesses we have and embrace the people we can be. All the best my fellow Cancer women!(:

• Tucker says:

Wow, this is one of the ugliest things I’ve ever seen written about Cancer women. It’s written almost vindictively.

Lest anyone think a Cancer Woman and a Libra Man should never get together, remember that there are a lot of other factors than just your sun sign involved in every relationship in your life, let alone a romantic one. Yeah, there are some base truths to this, just like there are some base truths to the other description of the relationship posted in a comment above. But it’s not the whole picture.

• Dee says:

Ima cancer Woman with a Libra man! The only challenge in our relationship is the lack of communication from him at times! Its like I have to dig information out of him! He is very optimistic and easy going! N I do catch myself at times negotiating with him to get wat I want!
    Its crazy because He isn’t afraid to b a man in the relationship yet Im still able to b independent aswell!
    I am happily inlove with him! The feeling I get from him I’ve never got from anyone else I dated! He helps to make me feel secure and at peace with his positive attitude! I can say I’m Pleased with my Libra Man :-)

• jerry says:

hi, i am a cancerian female. I have met 3 libra males in my life. First was my bf wen in school. Though i was very young that time, still i remember that we were not much compatible. Both of us were shy and there was lack of communication.
    Second guy is just my school friend. He tries to come close to me and wants to do so many things for me. But it never appeals me. I find him irritating and very talkative. Argggg…he still gets on my nerve.
    Third one is the guy whom i have known for a year. He is very sweet, caring, loving and charming. And he is the most understanding guy i have ever known. We both love each other a lot and are very happy in this relation. The most beautiful part in our relation is that we want to get married soon and i see a faithful guy who can keep his promise in making our elation grow strong with each day. Love u jaan…

• Jenna says:

Sheez what a bunch of baloney! I’m a cancer female, and the main thing I want out of any relationship is to feel that I am loved and appreciated. No furs or jewelry required or even wanted. I want a happy home, and that is regardless if I’m married to a shoe salesman or an engineer. It doesn’t need to be fancy, just cozy and living within our means. I need the security of knowing this man is completely devoted to me and has eyes for no one else, and in return I will give him all the love in my heart and be there to support and care for him the way any partner should.
    I’m falling in love with a libra man and he is promising me the moon and the stars. This makes me a bit uncomfortable, because to me security does not necessarily have to mean wealth and riches and a lifetime of fanceries. I’ll be more than happy with this wondderful man’s unconditional love! And socializing is so NOT this withdrawn Canerians thing!!!

• Duncan Patrick says:

Relax Jenna…..don’t you get all stressed up…just lay back and enjoy the ride coz u goin to be havin the time of you life. And gettin all the luvin that you want.

• Kiki Bryant says:

SO wrong about Cancer women. I have never been, and never will be the GIMMIE GIMMIE GIMMIE type of woman. Get your facts straight.

• Sofe says:

WTF I’m prettysure no cancer woman is like that & that personally hurt!

• Lynn says:

I am a cancer woman and this is complete bullshit. I’ve seen a lot of things written about cancers and this is by far the worst and most furthest from the truth. I am interested in dating a libra man and came to this site for insight as to how it might work out. At first, i was very discouraged. But when I read the description of cancerian women, I realized this person has no idea what the hell they’re talking about.(sigh of relief) Advice for the writer, why don’t you take the time to get know us before you make these judgments.

• Kim says:

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!… Obviously this person has no friggin idea what they are even talking about when it comes to a cancer woman, and they write as if they themself have been hurt by a cancer and is merely lashing out on our Cancer sign. I have never read anything more inaccurate and venomous as this particular piece.
    I am NOTHING like what they wrote and I am highly offended, not just as a Cancer, but as a woman!!! Last time I visit this site for any reason!

• Mimi says:

I am a cancer women of course dating a libra man….our relationship is very quite compilicating. We fight very often…..well I feel as if I’ve jaded him and that I am very stubborn…and it’s hard to figure out how to get the spark back……we have broken up numerous times but seem to always come back to each other….what should I do……

• Pingback: how can i attract a cancer women on this valentine?

• Scorpio woman/libra man says:

This article is really prejudiced against Libra man/Cancer woman because of ONE pairing (Anderson and Tommy Lee) who are already messed up by drugs and partying.

A really HONEST, and good relationship to go by, and they are a famous couple (at least the libra man is)

Matt Damon and his Cancer wife.Luciana Barroso

• SmartAir says:

holy shit, Nancy just ripped shit on the cancer woman with this pairing. I’m thinking extramarital affair?! Why else would she degrade the Cancer woman’s character? Damn girl!

• Bre says:

This is absolutely the most ridiculous description of a cancer female I have EVER read. I am a cancer woman and I relate to NONE of it. I couldn’t care less about having “nice” things and I have NO agenda. Nag and whine to get what I want? Hilarious. I expect a partner not someone I can push around to buy me things! In fact, that quality in s man is a huge turnoff. Cancer women are deeply emotional and loving creatures – they just have a need for security. Not in money, but in trust and a connection with someone who holds them dear.

Sheesh.

• this speaks to me says:

no wonder i can’t stand libra men or women, i am dominant cancer in my chart and it makes sense. They bring out the worst in me. This article rings so true to me. i thought it was the capricorn in my chart since capricorns also can’t stand them i noticed but cancer, their opposite also has that effect but much worse. i love this article.

there is the strange couple matt damon and his cancer woman though. that is the strangest one of all of them

• this speaks to me says:

i wonder if one has a different sun sign and they have cancer moon/mars and venus, they can’t stand them?
    i saw that too, where the woman has cancer venus only and she can’t stand libra men. she is always wanting a strong man like an aries man for example. maybe the cancer venus alone is the dominant in the chart.

• coloni das says:

>>>>>>>>>Cancers may be known for leadership….
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>but personally my experience has led me to believe that cancer girls need a strong and supportive man…
    >>>>>>>>>>>>and cancers have long-term patience if they themselves want a relationship to flourish…
    However,if you feel that you dont love your family and want to fly away,dont waste your or your husband’s time…

>>>>>>>>He as well might have some better woman in his destiny,and you a man of your own choice…
    ATB

• barbie says:

I am a cancer woman june 24 1965
    He is a libra male october 5 1962 ive known him all my life I have to wait 4 years should I can a libra cancer relationship have love passion im too old to take risk help

• Kizzie says:

I for one laughed when I read this article. I am a Cancer and I thought it was funny when the writer said Libras created the monster in us. I agree, because Libras are the only sign that is not intimidated by our strength and independence. They love the fact that we can take care of ourselves, but what I LOVE about Libra is how they still insists on taking care of us even though they know we don’t need them to. They will find something that we need and give it to us. I love that because while everyone else is standing in front of us with their hands out, Libras are grabbing us by the hand and pulling us into their private bubble so they can take care of us. I have so many male Libra friends and I have also dated several. We are still friends. It’s the only sign I can remain friends with after being lovers. I will marry a Libra any day over all other signs! Zodiac is a liar. If Cancer and Libra has made a connection, go for it!!!!