Libra Man and Capricorn Woman Compatibility

Famous Libra-Capricorn Couples:  Marcelo Mastroianni and Faye Dunaway, Lenny Bruce and Faye Dunaway, Will Smith and Jada Pinkett.

This relationship is going to be about status, respectability, special conventionality, and success.  That’s why these two choose one another.  If this sounds businesslike, the basis of all marriages is actually a contract, and it is sometimes good to look at it that way upfront.  These two people are both inclined to read the fine print before signing on the dotted line, which is why each should make sure — going in to it — that they have cleaned up your past and are as reputable as they represent themselves to be.

How to Attract a Libra Man as a Capricorn Woman:  Impress him with your social skills.  Follow the rules to the T, because if he’s interested in you, he’s interested in an old-fashioned relationship — specifically marriage.  If you are not the most titillating conversationalist alive, your best bet at being interesting is to turn the conversation to him and his career and other responsibilities that you might help him with some day.  Yes, I know you are dying to, but it is not considered polite to dig out of someone what kind of a paycheck they bring home each month.  You will just have to use your well-honed radar for such matters.

How to Attract a Capricorn Woman as a Libra Man:   You should definitely try to impress her or allude to future success, such as the kind of house you would like to buy her some day, or throw in a few designer names when you mention an upcoming shopping trip.  Your dates must be well-planned and well-executed.  You must be on time, you must have had your car recently detailed, your GPS system should be up-to-date and working well (in the background), you should chose an impressive venue (such as dinner at a 4 or 5-star restaurant) but in an intermediate price range.  You, yourself, should put special care into your appearance.  Sports clothes are nice.  Perhaps a designer belt.  By all means, carefully pressed pants — a look of understated elegance.  If this sounds oppressive, get out now.

Degree of Romance:    These two play by the rules so there will be all the trappings of romance.  She will insist on it in her dogged way, but he’s inclined in that direction anyway.  She may expect her Libra man to observe all holidays and her birthday, including dotting the Is and crossing the Ts.  He is probably the one man in the zodiac who will have the gift picked out ahead of time and present it beautifully gift-wrapped in an appropriate setting.  If it doesn’t meet your expensive taste, Capricorn, at least try and appreciate the romance behind it.  Capricorn may slip a wild card in the deck as she suddenly demands a romantic “token” for any special privileges granted.

Degree of Passion:  It’s hard to get passionate with a Capricorn, but Libra may try from time-to-time.  Try not to set up the relationship on this basis.  Your friends will probably think it sounds very boring — and it is — but you guys are in it for the long-term benefits.

Degree of Friendship:  Sometimes this relationship feels like a friendship because it can fall into civility rather than rapport.

Degree of Marriage:  This makes a great marriage in two situations: a first marriage that is upwardly mobile and success-bound or a second marriage when the first marriage was headstrong and impulsive.  It causes you to come to your senses.  The combination of Libra and Capricorn is a very sensible combination.

Progression of Relationship:   The relationship will progress logically according to Capricorn’s understanding.  These are two cardinal signs, but Capricorn will really have the upper-hand. She will probably extract an agenda from him early-on.   Mr. Libra will have to meet her expectations to advance around the bases.  If he can’t “cut it,” he’d be better off getting out early and having some fun with someone who can appreciate his other good qualities.

Sex:   In this relationship, sex can be used like a subway token — to get from one place to another.  Oddly, both partners agree to this symbolic representation and are willing to exchange spontaneity, and even love, for a steady supply of a scarce commodity.  Neither one would dream of looking elsewhere if there is a reasonable supply at hand.

When It’s Over:  It’s over when Capricorn has had enough.  It may be that he didn’t get far enough in life fast enough to suit her, or perhaps he became distant and they drifted apart.  The indecisiveness comes up with Libras when they are faced with major life decisions, so Capricorn will have to pull the plug.  She will do so in the most business-like manner.  Years later Libra will still be trying to figure out how he might have made it work, while Capricorn goes searching for the good things in life (duh).

Our Rating:  7/10

Libra Man and Scorpio Woman
Libra Man and Sagittarius Woman
Libra Man and Aquarius Woman
Libra Man and Pisces Woman

56 Responses to Libra Man and Capricorn Woman Compatibility

• belinda says:

Dear God, Libra Run away before its too late…You might find her attractive in the beginning but in the long run you will hate her….She is not for you…Run away…

• nancy says:

is that the voice of experience ? LOL

• belinda says:

These two will end up hating each other..Libra will not want to be controled by Capricorn…remember Capricorn wants to control and dominate…Libra will lie thru his ass to get away from her…Fights will break out and cold hearts will run on both sides…Run away……..

• nancy says:

Couldn’t a said it better myself.

• Caprica says:

Ditto for Capricorn, you deserve BETTER you deserve more, not a philandering, low standard having complacent man who has the nerve to want to dominate you but not the intricate details of obtaining a successful life, caps sisters OPEN your eyes he aint worth it!

• Biased says:

I fins it funny, however, I don’t like the slant that its all in capricorn’s woman fault…that’s she’s boring, controlling, ambitious, and not the deceitful, unhonest, unreliable, unambitious, lazy, nonchalant Libra’s fault…

• nancy says:

@Biased

Keep diggin’ girl!

• really no hope? says:

I a cappy he’s a libra and soooo handsum, no long term hope eh?

• nancy says:

You never know, “really”. There are exceptions to every rule.

• Showbiz says:

Well I’ve just been dumped by a Libran male :(
    I am the Cap. Although I don’t think I’m a true Cap, I’m not ambitious or unreliable…
    He turned cold all of a sudden…and I think he still holds feelings for the Gemini ex (of course theirs is the “perfect match”). He’s also a dragon & I’m a monkey and that compatability is meant to be perfect…. maybe he will never give me the true explanation I need.

• ??? says:

Degree of Marriage: “The combination of Libra and Capricorn is a very sensible combination.” And yet you agree with belinda’s commments, do elaborate please?

• nancy says:

It could go that way but I still give it a 7! How about you, ???

• hopeless romantic cappie says:

I am a true Capricorn and I find myself usually attracted to Virgo or Taurus males. However I’ve had a Libra man in my life for quite sometime now (3+ years) that I can’t seem to get over. We’ve never been in a relationship but we are constantly in each other’s life. My moon is in Libra, is that why? Is there any hope for me and this Libra man or should I just go play with Virgo and Taurus instead? :) Appreciate your thought, Nancy.

• Astrological perspective is POSTIVE!! says:

This pairing has intensity and a mate-for-life philosophy that can overcome obvious differences. First off, Capricorn is not likely to swoon over Libra’s obvious charms. The Goat has a cavernous depth of cool that keeps Libra guessing. Libra quickly realizes that being whip-smart and capable will win the Goat. Libra likes the extras of romance, while Capricorn isn’t likely to invest in love ephemera. But if a bond emerges, Libra can rest assured that Capricorn’s gifts will be ones of lasting value. Both are marriers, and while it’s got built in frictions, this pair can find a harmonious balance. Capricorn minds the structure of the relationship, while Libra adds the flourishes.

What intrigues Capricorn is Libra’s social finesse, something they see as an asset for climbing the ladder. Beyond that, the Goat knows the value of a good, clear mind, and is entertained by the Libran wit. On dates, Libra brings ease to conversations, and that allows the reserved Cappy to open up. If the Libra is female to a status-minded Capricorn male, she could become Venusian arm candy, not fully respected in her own right. Capricorn tends to say ‘my way or the highway,’ a sentiment abhorrent to Libra’s diplomatic nature. A Libra caught too often in the lala land of indecision could be putty in the hands of the strong-willed goat. Capricorn loses respect for the people-pleaser, or a Libra that is all talk and no action. While the extremes of these signs together spell disaster, many Libra-Capricorn couples learn to respect what the other has to offer.

It’s likely that the Goat wants to ‘talk shop’ a lot, but as a cardinal sign, Libra understands ambition. Libra just goes about it in a different way, prefering paths of least resistance. Capricorn might think Libra a layabout, but if they observe over time, they’ll see just how much the latter accomplishes. At home, Capricorn can be a hoarder and packrat, while Libra prefers an airy spaciousness. Libra likes to stay above the fray, while Capricorn sinks into dark moods from time to time that are unshakable. Libra’s instinct for saying the right things may help, but sometimes the Goat just needs to be alone.

With the traditional home-loving Goat, Libra comes to life, having found a loyal mate for all time. And Capricorn is drawn into the pleasures and beauty of life by entering Libra’s world. Once a commitment is made, their differences round things out, and bode well for mutual fulfillment.

• minicap says:

I started talking to a Libra man on-line, 10 y my junior…and boy, did we hit it off!!! he is classical Libra, I recognise the charm, the indecision, the mood swings when he totally hates himself. Beaten up by a relationship in the past that he says it has drained him.. now he is a bit freaked out…needs a bit of a break…he doesn’t like to talk about how he feels…he wants to keep most conv light, while I go for the core…:D…the minute i stop communicating he is over me like a rash with explanations and sweet talk, the second i turn the hit up he backs up…very strange creatures, Libras…
    my heart is set on him and I think he is truly and utterly fond of me…we appreciate the mutual advancement and the fun we have…but strangely enough I get the feeling he likes me more when I am cool and reserved rather than when I am all over him… bizarre? normal? what do other people think…

• Mario JJ Atairu says:

I do not beliv this. Why is the libra man hated so much, i am a libra guy and most of what you guys say is true but, has anyone taken the time to look at thier own signs, i aam sure you will find that you are also not perfect. However, wether you like it or not, libra is the best sign for relationships, he excels in music- john lennon, has deep imagination- da vinci.

Stop, harrasing us. Women feel a deep connection with us and its for a reason. Most of you have been dumped or dumped a libra not bcos of his character but because of you sense of personal value.

Libra is always ready to compromise he is the diplomat and the only star i know that can make a deal with the devil and go home with his own fair share of the bargain.

Ladies try to concentrate on the good side… not the bad… for some day you might meet a saint but fail to recognise his chivalry because ur self-critical.

Libra or not….. nothing in life is perfect… libra knows this more than u and thats why he has all the cool traits.

Everyone is gifted for a special purpose.

P.S Almost evry libra i know is rich and sucessful dont know how we do it… guess our friendships did it

• Cher says:

Will Smith and Jada Pinkett….

• nancy says:

@Cher
    Thanks for the help!!

• Aubrey says:

I’m a capricorn women, libra moon.. seeing a libra man with capricorn moon. It’s different than any relationship I have ever been in before neither of us wants a boyfriend/girlfriend but we both treat eachother like we are to the other. Its weird! We have fun together, enjoy eachothers company and companionship. Honestly, I think being a cap I have to stop trying to dig into something to figure him out. Becuase he doesn’t do that to me, and we do best when we are both distracted from the normal life stuff. Our actions tward eachother speak louder than anything else. Altough, compliments are great for both signs, I believe when complimenting the libra their self-confidence and esteem rises almost immediately. Especially when I think of a really good one!! :) I don’t know where this is going at all but it feels like a bubble inside it we work together and have a great time, so… its a good place to start I guess.

• Capriloveslibra says:

I just can’t understand why people have to be so mean to either the capricorn or the libra.

I am a capricorn woman and been with my libra man for almost 5 years now. We’ve been through a lot.. like seriously, we faced challenges as it goes our way, we’re even on a long distance relationship for a few years now but we continue to love, trust, understand and compromise with each other. All we do is simply love.. and none of you here have a single idea on how excited we are to spend Christmas together. We are looking forward to that very day and we can no longer wait… :)

Money and everything else means nothing when both of you are truly in love. :)

• noela says:

am capricorn born 23 december whats my moon

• bell says:

aww, Im a capricorn woman and i find this soo hurtful. Thats not me at all..

You have spoke so much about materalistic things and its soo silly.. I feel like crying, it was just so mean..

Im with my boyfriend and he can be so rude and angry towards me (his is a virgo) and he is very materalistic and only likes the best of the best and to be honest i hate his attitude when it comes to money and how snobby he can be, its a real turn off and i dont want to be around that.. so tell me how is this true capricorns being gold diggers when my boyfriends family is quite wealthy and i want out because its making me unhappy.. Money doesnt buy love, in NO circumstances..

and you do sound a little bitter when writing about capricorn woman.. Im starting to think it is stereotyped..

I cant get enough of intamacy and being cared for and loved by someone..

This just doesnt seem accurate at all..

• noname says:

will and jada is incorrect, she is not a capricorn her bday is sept 18 virgo

• lovely says:

sting and trudie,eminem and his ex,usher and his ex wife there is something about capricorn women that attract libra men their apparent calm and his need for security i guess,but whether it works in the longterm is up to them.

• skitz0 says:

i am a capricorn woman and i am head over heals for this libra (talk about bussiness like relationship, we met at work) i’ve known and been good friends with for 1 1/2 yrs. and from the way he acts with me he seems pretty much the same, but then again the libra can be dishonest and i saw this though the end of his last relationship (who wuz a capricorn 0.0) they just broke up and me and him had our first date. but i feel as though it would be different with us. unlike his previous capricorn i am not possessive, or controlling which drove him away(and he broke up with her not vice versa). we laugh like complete nerds together, we always playin around, and the passion is explosive! any pointers on how i can save this from turning into his last libra-capricorn relationship?

• meme says:

im a capricorn female a guy i meet i never thought nothing of it and he’s a libra …we recently had a one on one date and there after started hanging out….the connection is so strong and unreal and i never ever felt like this for no man ….but i do treat relactionships like a business i’ll observe when im on a date and then that’ll let me know if i want them to stay around i always cut people off real quick when things dont go as plainned (yes thats bad) if i notice a guy cant wine and dine me i’ll walk away i dont consider myself a gold digger cause i can hold my own and there be times when i’ll pick up the tab while in a relactionship….i like well groomed men and i like nice things and every goal i set i notice i’ll still follow threw dispite the odds….i can say more but i’ll stop it there.n..all my traits as a capricorn are very strong ….but im learning to to be flexable dispite how hard that is for me….but reading how libras and capricorns dont match concerns me because i really like him and i like that libras like commited relationships and its hard to find a man thats willing to do so….

• Bree says:

My 28 yr. old Libra brother is engaged to a 48 yr. old Capricorn woman!! I think it’s going to turn into a huge disaster! Any advice??

• Libra/Capricorn says:

It is funny to read all of the post, I am a 42 yr old Libra Man, married to a 53 yr old Capricorn female for 16 years. It started out as purley physical, I am here to say it has had its ups and downs, and it has gotten to that stage of where I dislike being controlled. I don’t know if it has anything to do with turning 40, or just getting tired of the bossy nature of the Capricorn. Bree please try to speak resonably to your Libra brother, if he respects you he will listen to you. Don’t force your opinion on him, reason with him, if you push he’ll marry this woman. Show him statistics, also, don’t let anyone fool, if there is an age gap in any relationship, it may start out at really cool for the 28 year old to have that older wiser female, however once he comes to a certain age, he’ll begin to resent that ‘mothering’ over him, the longer they are together and the older they both get, the more affect the age gap will have on them. Tell him to get out while he can…If I could write a letter to a younger self, I would tell that young Libra man to never date anyone that is older and to research the signs more…

• Brenda says:

It’s soooo true me n my libra man been together for three years, now I’m pulling the plug. We just can’t seem to make it work. It’s sad cos the signs were there in early stage but I chose to ignore them.

• ScalesnCorn says:

this libra friend of mine was with a gem woman (initially) for 5 yrs before he hooked up with his next door neighbor. The gem had a hard time letting go though things were not great. they had been thru a lotof ups and downs. at that time he also met this separated cap woman since their kids went to d same school. she told him to stay or leave d gem only if he felt that was the best thing to do for both of them and not because theres something promising on the horizon! whats on the horizon may not be that good when u get closer. it may be full of holes! keep away from all distractions and focus on d relationship. dat will give u an idea of what 2 do. u will be secure dat u r makig d right decision. he did that. after being single for sometime he hooked up with d cap mom. didn’t last long but he knew he was making balanced decision based on full focus. libra and cap are good provided the man talks a little about the future whcih he did not.

• Mary says:

Cap women, find yourself a Taurus or Cancer man.. Libra man, find yourself an Aires, Gemini, or Sag woman.

Rising signs have a lot to do with compatibility too.. if you’re a Cap woman interested in a Libra man, look at the compatibility of your rising signs.. that may shed some light on the situation , and make for a better understanding of the personalities.

As long as you have patience and a deep understanding of where someone is-coming-from, almost, I mean almost any relationship can work.. it’s all about patience, loyalty, kindness and understanding and selfishless interaction.

Just a suggestion. :-)

• Jade says:

^ cancer is just as bad for us as an aries or libra…but i recently found a libra and his smile lights up the room…im quite passionate for a capricorn and love his romatic ways. i will and have been trying to keep things interesting its just hard because the situation is complicated seeing as he is still in a relationship , but were like kids when were together and never do things to hurt other people, at this point he is waiting for her to say its over bc he doesnt want to hurt her.

• ash says:

I have to agree with Jade on the Cancer advice, I will NEVER date another cancer again, I don’t have the patience for their constant mood swings, they’re on a emotional rollercoaster 24/7!!! I, too, just found a libra man and I’m very curious on how things will turn out. He seems very grounded and one-with-the-earth, I need someone like that in my life. But I was wondering, are libras bullsh*ters or are they usually true to their word?

• dgar says:

serious bses but that’s what people who resist complimenting us think….its all about willing to work on your relationship…..

• Mielita says:

Wow guys, I see there are some hurt folks up here lol. I’m a capricorn female, aries rising, libra moon, and I’ve attracted/dated every sign but a taurus… But I attract libras left and right ( just stating). What I find is that they are very hung up on looks! I see this in my father (a libra), and the libras that come my way – they always care to look good (i mean ALWAYS) and if they like a female, I guarantee she’s normally average to stunning, never homely. Lol. But I can’t say these men are shallow, because if you ever sit down with one, they’re looking for love, just in their own detached, venus-driven, and airy way. In fact, they’re very sweet and dedicated if you keep them on their toes. And I won’t even touch on the cap stereotypes, cause I know some wild, fine a** caps ^^. Anywho, I can’t give too much advice, just mi personal thoughts. I say an air or fire sign in your moon or rising (or even venus) helps, but overall it’s the person and not the sign so have fun!

• jewellover says:

i search thorough lots of sites n i got to knw dat its impossible to make a lng relation wid capri woman as a libra man..my girlfrnds zodiac is capri n i m libra.n we r in relations fr 1nhalf yr.i love her like anythng n wan 2do everythng fr her n wan 2stay wid her whole life.i want suggestions from capri lady.how i behave wid her,wat sud c like on me,plz help yaar.my no +918759716185

• needhelp says:

Nancy, i am a cap, in love with a libra man. i love him, feel complete with him. not sure if he feels the same about me, does dec 23rd fall in the cusp? do i have a sagi and cap trait? what do you think?

• Jazz says:

Libras are very sweet… And very airy. They never want the relationship to be serious… Just fun and flirty. As a capricorn woman.. Let’s face it, I want serious monogamy. Every time I went to break up with my libra he’d reel me back in. They can talk birds out of trees. My advice to Capricorn ladies, stay aloof and detached… I dint know why, but that’s what Libras like. Libra men.. Capricorn women do not want a play boy so go play with a scorpio they’ll make sure you won’t cheat… Cuz if they find out you did…. Let’s just say, Scorpio is unforgivable ;)

• Angel8691 says:

Was in a relationship with a Libra Man for 10 years of which married for 5. Cappi women are structured and well-defined in their expectations. We were very happy but I can only take but so much deceit and cheating. Maybe I was too boring and responsible, but I kept our household afloat. We are best of friends now and he discovered it was not so bad after all. A little too late though. I am now with a Leo Man…still waiting to see how it plays out.

• sh says:

I have been involved with a Libra man for 2years now. Everything has been great. I on the other hand have been feeling a little restless. I think I love him, but not enough love.( you know what I mean). He is giving, treats me with respect, etc. He wants to get married( not sure if I do) SCARED AS HELL. Its almost like he is with me because I teach, if i were anything else, he would be disappointed. I don’t know anymore. He tells me and shows me he loves me. I’m in my late thirties. I feel like this might be my only chance for marriage, babies, etc. I need to really get my feelings in check. He irritates me sometimes really badly though, almost like I cant get over it. What do I need to do?

• Mente Loca says:

Agree. I love SCORPIOS they are the best lovers for us and as well a Capricorn’s BEST friend. They are also the best MATES in bed, so whenever where ruthless they can handle our ruthlessness and get ruthless as well, but in the end it gets even better, yet hotter. Were both strong-willed and very similar and this is the only sign that can understand and stisfy, yet read and know what a Capricorn wnats and don’t wants. Scorpio are the best.

• Pingback: christmas present ideas, best christmas gifts, best christmas presents

• cap for life says:

I’ma Cap and have been dealing with a libra for 6 months…. he’s everything i ever wanted in a man but at the same time sometimes he really gets under my skin. I’m reserved and laid back and he wants me to b more aggressive now i can admit I’m very demanding and when he doesn’t do what i ask or he does it when he’s ready there’s well to pay. But the fact of the matter is even tho we’re different… we love each other and we’re willing to work thru our differences it may last and it may not but for the time being…. I’m enjoying my man

• mysteriousCAP says:

I am capricorn, Libra Rising and a Libra Moon. I am very attracted with the sign LIBRA, TAURUS and CANCER. My bestfriends are LIBRA’S eventhough they said that LIBRA’S and CAPRICORN are not compatible. But I do have a friend online which is a LIBRA and I liked him alot. When we meet last year he already had a girlfriend which is a GEMINI but he’s still connected with me he remain friendly but I decided to stop our friendship coz he already had a girlfriend and I also have a Boyfriend which is a TAURUS but til now I still liked him. Is there any possibilty that in time we will be together again? As lovers? Not as friends :(

• matilda says:

uhhm, i’m a capricorn female, I am not a dominant person.. I prefer greatly to be the submissive partner in a relationship..the most compatible man I have found is a virgo, literally talking to one actually. . Some aspects have this right others not so much. But hey no one gets 100%..100% of the time.

• Mejjo says:

Hello,
    Why do u give importance to the signs ???? Can’t you see that everyone is unique ??? Stop believing that such person born under a certain sign is more likely to be compatible with another. I am libra male and I didn’t have problems with my girl; I only found out that she was Cap. after 6 months of dating and it didn’t change a thing in our relationship.
    PS: I am here cause I like to read foolish comments hahahah

• bob says:

after dating several capricorn females, i would say, dont bother. all their bad traits are very much there. selfcentred and selfish(they will deny it), judgemental, users(they’ll use you to climb up in the world and likely ditch you after), want a super responsible guy with a well paid job!

• Miss Cappy says:

I am a capricorn none of what they say is true I am not dominate or trying to dig into anyones life I don’t care about money nor do I care about “advancing” in life this is utter BS and very wrong

• miss guess says:

I have just broke up with my cheating lieing libra. I am a capricorn and i am strong willed, faithful, honest and loving but also controlling. I reconise my faults and no-ones perfect but am a settler and he was married. I wouldnt have thought such an intense love could move to hate, but i realise the charm and the love on his side was to get me, then when i found out he hid like a coward and i got no answers. The hurt i felt was unreal, but he went straight back to the wife. I could cut my emotions right out of the window at that point as i knew everything that was said was make belief. I would run for the hills if i met another, unless you want a passionate fling:)

• Tanishia says:

My libra ex boyfriend broke up with me. I been a very sweet and loving girlfriend to him, plus I lost my virginity to him. I’m very sad for what happen I still love him a lot and sometimes I wonder how he doing. But I have to more on because the more I think about him I start to cry and stress out.