Sagittarius Man and Pisces Woman Compatibility

Famous Sagittarius-Pisces Couples: Martin Scorsese and Julia Cameron, Gary Shandling and Sharon Stone

This relationship is fraught with difficulties because basically each partner has an issue with narrowing down the playing field and then tries to blame it on the other.  There wind up being so many other people present in the relationship, it’s like Grand Central Station.  Sagittarius wanders off far afield and Pisces’ fur flies.  He’s looking for a casual “let’s hang out together” kind of thing and she’s looking for a dream lover.  There’s no focus.  Over time both partners tend to dissipate energy aimlessly and pull each other down making it hard to create the kind of successes that pull people together through the years.  The relationship tends to fall apart from a nonexistent or even imaginary center.  The best time for it is two people in college together.

How to Attract a Sagittarius Man as a Pisces Woman:  Attracting him is easy but keeping him isn’t.  Make sure you know the difference between a fantastic fling and marriage material or better yet that you know your own heart in the matter.  This relationship isn’t likely to get past the launching pad and that may be exactly why he caught your eye.

How to Attract a Pisces Woman as a Sagittarius Man:  Show her some of that boyish charm of yours and try to cheer her up — she’s often feeling a little droopy.  Get sexy without being explicit.  Distract her from the realities of her situation and draw her towards her own need to fantasize or escape.

Degree of Romance:   Pisces longs for the romance of a lifetime and as good a guy as Sag is, he’ll never get a ticket on that bus!

Degree of Passion:   Sagittarius’ passion is for loving life and living it large.   Oh, and for his next trip around the world.  Pisces rains on his parade with her “bummers” and “downers” and more than occasional talk about suicide.  She  has too many problems that he doesn’t want to help her with.

Degree of Friendship:  These two couldn’t bag trash and take it to the curb together let alone coordinate the kinds of activities that nurture a friendship.  They are much better — and better off — alone than paired up for longer than a few really sensational nights.

Degree of Marriage:  Not every relationship is meant to last for ever.  If you’re feeling the magic, enjoy it for what it is.  Marriage is a challenge for the mutable signs even at their best (Gemini, Virgo, Sagittarius and Pisces).  When they team up it can exacerbate issues such as focus, commitment, fidelity and stability.  Sagittarius is inherently one of the ‘bachelor” signs while Pisces attaches indiscriminately to almost anyone of interest, like floating in an ocean of oneness including ritual sex or promiscuity, which is hard for a marriage partner to deal with.

Progression of Relationship:   The relationship is likely to begin quite casually which is how it should stay.  Often the two parties just happen to be at the same place at the same time with a glass of wine and some time to kill.  It goes downhill from there.

Sex:   It gets sexual fast which keeps other facets of the relationship from developing – not that anyone notices or cares.  Sex is used as a nervous outlet, a sedative, rather than a bonding technique or merging device.  Then it goes downhill from there.

When It’s Over:  It will be a big relief unless they have kids in which case they will continue to irritate each other insanely through all eternity.  In fact Julia Cameron wrote a screenplay about it with her and Scorsese called “God’s Will”.   Between Sagittarius and Pisces, neither one knows about closure.  Each wants to have the last word. Each attempt to compromise begets new reasons to separate. It goes downhill from there.

More on Pisces Women

Sagittarius Man and Scorpio Woman
Sagittarius Man and Sagittarius Woman
Sagittarius Man and Capricorn Woman
Sagittarius Man and Aquarius Woman

72 Responses to Sagittarius Man and Pisces Woman Compatibility

• Joe says:

So how does work for a Sag man and a woman on a Pisces/aries cusp(3/20 at night) I have fallen for her pretty hard and she has as well fallen for me so does this change our relationship dynamic

• Maritza says:

Dear Nancy,

I feel like a nut writing on this site! But i met a sag Male working in a bar as a waitress.. we INSTANTLY connected! and got along on allllll levels.. Then one day i caught him in a lie.. the trust broke and i was always so insecure and untrusting .. he never seemed to care about my feelings either.. we had two years together! the last 6months were hell! he was playing me all over place and denying it as well as neglecting me. Now like 5months later we still talk and hang out every so often.. whenever i dont talk to him for 2wks or more he hits me up ! until i give in… once i give in he pushes me away all over again!! i guess you are right about that 3/10 because we just could never seem to be on the same page anymore! when we began it was sooo magical! there wasnt ANY differences in what we liked to do and there was SO much romance! Conversation was great too we neverrrr had quiet moments.. I fell inlove though seriousy and he didnt.. he finds this amusing and keeps me on a string. I D K what to do i’ve tried EVERYthing to get his love back &thats the problem! Sag men like space which is something the pisces CAN do but when in times of rejection it is VERY hard.

• hailtothecrab says:

For anyone watches Jersey Shore, this is Ronnie and Sammi.

• ali usman says:

helleo nancy!

• ali usman says:

hello nancy i m ali usman and i am sagitirian and my becoming wife star is pieces her name is anam plz send me details completely,this is
    arrange and love marriage

• Lashawna says:

no more sags for me!!! not ever! This is rt on the nail.

• Stepny says:

Sag man can be awful i mean all-time prizewinning awful. I am a pisces female and I dont want one of those again. Thats not to say he does not have anything good in him its just that the bad times can be too much to bear. scorps are not the only miserable ones in the zodiac.

• Pingback: long distance relationship

• chidinma says:

i am a Pisces woman presently dating a Sagittarius man and so far so good. There are times when am so afraid that we might not work out, but those times never last because he really is a darling. Its sad that my parents are against it cos he’s from a different tribe and they strongly believe that i will not be happy in the long run. Despite this, he says he intends to marry me and that my parents will calm down with time. What annoys me most about my family’s reactions to us is that they havent really taken out time to know him, especially my dad. If only they did, they will realize that he’s a serious minded fellow, honest and straight forward and i really respect and admire him. He’s also from a good family, much like mine
    The very thought of us not being together scares me, not because i wont be able to find anyone else, but because i have come to love him so much and he loves me too. Today makes it eight months that we’ve been dating and i have enjoyed our relationship so far.
    I have discovered that he can be very impatient, he sees crying as weakness and merely tolerates it when i cry, he is very blunt and he has terrible mood swings, but this doesnt stop me from wanting a life time with him.
    I havent seen his adventurous side though. He says he doesnt like travelling and when ever he has to go out of town for business, he will take me along as often as he can. I dont see him as a potential cheat though. Despite my family’s attitude, we are happy together. For now, i dont see how this relationship will not work, but time will tell.

• Lisa says:

Yep. This is right on.

Sammi Giancola and Ronnie Ortiz-Magro from Jersey Shore fir this description almost exactly.

Ronnie – Sagittarius
    Sammi – Pisces

They too could not bag trash together and take it to the curb without it becoming a major problem. Break up. Make up. Break up. Make up. And on and on it goes.

• Jessie says:

Well in talked to one scorpio mand and he had me on a fin roller coaster. Hhe lead me on used me and made me look and feel stupid infront of mah family. to make it worse he wasnt around he lived n like cali close enuff to see me andd neva really did i had to derive to see him. ugh but there is another scorpio that i may be interewsted in but hopefully i leave from my mistakes and dont deal with that crap again. but when one door closes another pne opens.

• patricia says:

Omg this is so true.. i been w my husband for almost ten yrs and we have 3boys together but it’s been nothing but HELL and drama almost since the first few months together… i have sacrificed as much as i can to make this relationship work but it’s really impossible. There’s no communication at all and when we DO talk it’s like im talking to the wall. He doesn’t listen or cares about my feelings, he leaves constantly and doesn’t call (im almost sure he’s cheating) i dont trust him. He always gives me the feeling that he’s hiding things from me. I do everything he says and please him in every way yet he still makes my life HELL. NEVER again will i hook up w/ another sagg and especially fall in love with one.. we are always breaking up and making up but idk how im still putting up with him :’(

• Erika says:

i am a fan of astrology but i am a pisces woman dating a sagittarius man and while a few of these things are true such as i am after romance of a lifetime and he is much more realistic, we are absolutely head over heels for each other and our friendship could not be better! this might be right on point for the sag man and pisces woman relationships that did not work but there are always exceptions and i guess my relationship is that. :)

• jessica says:

I don’t know if this goes for everyone but I have been dating a sag for 4 yrs now and I’m a pisces woman….we get along very well, he is such a sweetheart!! Yeah we have our UPS and downs but we learned how to work it out!! Now we are happily engaged and I pray that things work out for the better!

• Leah says:

Sagittarius men are NOT good commiters and love to flirt in your face, even if you’re in a relationship with one, and if you tell him about flirting he will believe that he’s doing nothing wrong. If his girlfriend is going through something, he tries to make his situation seem worst than hers in order to make himself look like the victim, in other words to get all the attention. He loves being the center of attention too much, which puts a huge strain on the relationship because Pisces are more reserved and private and it’s there that the conflict arises causing the Pisces to get aggravated and swim away.
    I have been with my Saggitarius bf for five years and it’s like I cannot leave him, no matter how bad he treats me. I have made several failed attempts to leave him before and it just isn’t working and I don’t know what else to do. I feel so lost. I think the thing that makes it even worse is the fact that we have a child together and I think about her everytime I try to leave him and that is probably what’s keeping me back, but I cannot keep going on like this. There is no benefit for me in this relationship because even when I ask him if him and I are a couple, he never has an answer or always ignores me or just brushes it off. It’s like he is unsure of what he wants or has. We have known each other for five years, have a beautiful baby girl together and he still doesn’t know what he has? He’s crazy! I always try to see the good in him but it’s getting harder everyday especially since he’s cheated on me before…I can never trust him again the way I used to. Everything he does annoys me. The way he treats with me is so stupid to me and it’s like he’s trying to make everyone in the world believe that he’s single, even me. BUT HE’S NOT!!! He either needs to come to terms with that or get some kind of counseling because if at this stage he still doesn’t know what he wants then I am convinced that there is something truly wrong with him. I think Saggitarius people need a serious reality check. That’s no joke. They think the world evolves around them and it doesn’t. They love to make themselves feel important all the time. I am not going to lie, in the beginning, the relationship is truly wonderful and you both are madly in love but as the weeks, months, and years go by you see exactly what a spiteful, manipulative, and stubborn person a Saggitarius man really is.P.S. A little advice to all my Piscean ladies out there…NEVER DATE A SAGGITARIUS MAN!!!…It will be the biggest mistake you have ever made in your life…Pisces and Saggitarius relationships are a BAD combination because they don’t last and if they do, there will be constant struggles to keep it working, and trust me a relationship is not worth losing your sanity over.

• Haha says:

After meeting a few Saggitarius men, I said I would NEVER date one. I met a guy recently who is genuinely sweet. A nice dorky guy. Completely out of my element as we are VERY different culturally & socially. Our attraction to one another baffles even us. I decided to hang out with him BEFORE asking for his sun sign. I think what makes a difference is that we met through mutual friends & NOT at a bar or club as Saggitarius view those places as “hook-up” spots and don’t take the ppl they meet there on a serious level. Also, at this time, we have spent up to 24 hrs together at a time with no mention or actions of sex. We do alot if laughin/talking together like kids & make out passionately from time to time, but its more like innocent tenderness than a trashy love novel. Saggitarius love sluts, but they will stick around if you dont do sex first. They need to know how much you enjoy them, even though they are cold, self centered, and irresponsible. Fuss at them instead of trying to keep the peace, when necessary – but then let the hurt/anger go, letting the good times roll once more. Dont smother them & use the time that they need to “play” with others to get rest instead of crying about or accusing them of cheating. Yes, they cheat, but only bcuz Pisces are so needy of constant affection & sentiments. Let the love they give speak for itself, even when they dont give it. I KNOW for a fact that when Im not with him, he’s thinking of me…even when he’s hanging with his friends. Dont nag them about their fussiness…laugh AT them, not taking it too serious & you will see the frown turn into a smile since they always want to laugh with you. They are not consistently affectionate, like all day long, but if you dont nag, but simply hold your arms open for a big hug…with a smile on ur face…they LOVE it & might make fun of u, but you’ll get ur hug. Take it & laugh with them.

My bestie is a Sag. I have learned ALOT from her. This new guy is a Sag n he’s almost identical to my bestie. I love the similarities with the addition that I get to make out with him. Whoop whoop. Good luck with the love stuff!

• Amber says:

Me and husband have been together since middle school. I’m a Pisces and he is a saggitarious. He is my best friend and lover. He hates when I cry and sometimes ignores me completely if I cry, but if I wipe the tears and talk to him without so much emotion hes a much better listener. I love my man everything about him, I am a Pisces who grew up with a feisty Aries mom and a saggitarious dad, so a strong attitude has been instilled in this sensitive pisces, which may be why me and my husband are so compatible. Our personalities have meshed a bit and he has learned about emotion and feeling, while I have learned to be stronger and laugh a lot.

Even if this relationship isn’t meant for everyone, it is certainly meant for us.

• xxOctoberOblivionxx says:

I am currently with a Sag after being dumped by a Scorpion….A HUMUNGOUS CHANGE! With my Scorpio, I had frequent crazes of abandonment, intense pleasure when we did talk, and dependence upon him. Then, he broke my heart. My Sag is an entirely different universe….My best friend/soul sister is a Sag as well and we have always had our fights, but we always get back together…because 1.) I have the ability to empathize and listen to her in ways she once thought only existed in her dreams (Sags love being listened to…and they love listsening sometimes…) 2.) She has the ability to make reality fun for me (I hate reality, but Sags make it hilarious and philosophical) 3. Sags, in a way, need someone to cling to them, yet give them space to think…They need you to cling because they are always on the move and need someone to be beside them, and space because…well, they have to think…they need to process everything. My lovely Sag soul mate is amazing…He is clingy, in a way, unlike most Sags…and he holds me when I need him to, writes me romantic letters, midnight phone calls…He has a fear of abandonment as I do…and we’re helping each other move past all of the pain. He says he’s never met anyone as sweet, understanding, loving, and sexy as I..and I’ve never met anyone who can keep up with my sexual intensity, someone who could listen, or make my reality like a ethereal dream… He’s my Archer…for the day i first met him, he hit the target of my heart, forever imbedded in my soul…<3

• toosie pop says:

i was married to a sighn that was compa and he treated me like shit then i met my sag and i love him to death we can’t agree on commitment and he likes space. i give him money take care of him and he has nice word to say. he is an outgoing flirt but i don’t care. i guess the other guy made me tuff. it depends on upbringing and sighns play a little part but nothing blocks true love. some men are good and some are bad. hell as long as we have fun and he keeps me laughing and the sex stay this great~ i will foreever be in love with my horr sweet sour sag.

• Miss Understood says:

At Leah…thank you for sharing. I know you situation is painful, but the bright light is you have actually helped women like me. I’m a Pisces woman dating a Sag man and a lot of what you are describing is what I am dealing with. He is definitely a flirt and have flirted in public with other women and putting other women ahead of me, which I don’t play, but he’ll smooth it over. The thing that really bothers me is me telling him I love him in public or on a public site and he not responding to it because he says he’s “private”, yet will flirt on another woman’s page. There are times I want to walk away before it gets way too deep and hard to leave, but he’s a part of me. It’s almost like a drug because I’m honestly not 100% happy, but I don’t know how to be without him because we are together so much. I am a very passionate woman and he lacks passion. Like the description said, he’s passionate about the things in his life, but I don’t feel his passion for me. Even as good as the “sex” is, I don’t enjoy it anymore because I don’t feel his connection. I feel the physical sexual contact, but I don’t feel his heart…his passion. The crazy part is, I’m talking about how I don’t know how to walk away, but I feel he’ll be the one that’s devastated if I walk. He’s afraid of failing at love again (which I wonder if that’s his reason for wanting to stay in this…not wanting to fail as opposed to really wanting to be in this). I think I’m over it now because he took so much out of me in the beginning. I was so busy trying to convince him that I was all about him, that it made me exhausted. I’m not the prettiest girl in the world, but I don’t lack for attention either, so I’m not used to having to campaign so hard for a man and once I finally got his attention, the thrill was gone for me. I find myself at times being the “man” in our situation…like Leah said, he NEEDS attention and I give it to him. I feel like I have to be his rock, but I can’t necessarily get that in return. He is a super sensitive defensive man and like Leah said, will turn a situation around to be the victim or will beat you down with trying to have his feelings heard and coddled, but can’t give compassion in return. Don’t get me wrong, he is a great man, but that doesn’t mean he’s good for me. This was the outlet I needed. I think it’s time to walk before it’s too late. Thank you Leah and zodiac-traits.com

• Anon Y Mous says:

I am a Pisces woman who has been with a Sagittarius for 3 years now, Married for one. Realistically, our relationship should have ended at one night stand, but he kept calling and was so sweet, at first. Now all we do is bicker, even when we are actually together. He doesn’t make me feel beautiful, I can’t remember the last time I got a compliment, and he has all the time in the world to constantly be talking to other women. Honestly, if we didn’t have a child together, I would have already left. +

• Dennis says:

I am a Sag man who had a “sort of” “quasi” relationship with a Pisces woman, and just want to say that most of your synopsis here is spot on. The whole relationship fell somewhere between friends and lovers, and it was like we could never decide or know which way was the truth, or which way we wanted it to be. It really was more of a fantasy relationship than a real relationship, though I wanted it to be real. Also, she had many, many crises and emergencies that required much attention and support, and frequently talked of suicide as being her only solution (though I highly doubt if that would ever really happen). In the end it was just all too dark and demanding, though I was highly supportive for a very long time (I am not as shallow as some opinions of Sag seem to be, I just prefer optimism to pessimism). I guess there could be another type of man that could be a good match for this Pisces woman, but not a Sag like me. I am not deeply into astrology, but you really got this one right, and that is the main point of my comment. If you are a Sag guy, stay clear of the Pisces woman. She has many wonderful qualities (this is not a Pisces put-down), but the compatibility will just not work, except maybe as purely platonic friends, and even that will probably get old after a while, for both of you. Just don’t go there. (And thanks for letting me know that what I experienced is not at all uncommon.)