Taurus Woman and Sagittarius Man Compatibility

Famous Taurus-Sagittarius Couples: Michelle Pfeiffer and John Malkovich; Michelle Pfeiffer and Fisher Stevens; Barbara Streisand and Don Johnson; Valeria Bertinelli and Steven Spielberg

This combination is a real stretch by any standards. The signs are in quincunx relationship to one another, which means they are in different elements, triplicity, and social orientation. There is a fascination at first followed by intense frustration as the common ground they are seeking never seems to develop.

How to Attract a Sagittarius Man as a Taurus Woman: To attract a Sagittarius man you need to appear to be his pal or traveling companion. He is looking for someone to take along on the journey of life. It will help if you are athletic and adventuresome, as well. Stay positive. Sagittarians are known to turn tail and run from downers or if some who is just too boring or serious.

Hot to Attract a Taurus Woman as a Sagittarius Man:  This is going to be a challenge for you.  He is looking for someone who is independent, adventuresome, and unlikely to bring him down in any way.  If you play a sport, let him know.  Do you work out? He’ll appreciate that.   Been to a foreign country? Squeeze that in the conversation.  While it’s your strength, he won’t really appreciate your practicality.  Be funny and keep it light and he may ask you to do something  physical with him.  And if you hadn’t read this, you might not know it was a date.

Degree of Romance: Neither sign is very interested in romance. Sagittarius really prefers the collegial model of friendship and camaraderie. He can be downright embarrassed by gestures of romance and cover his awkwardness by leaving suddenly. Taurus us more interested in a full tummy, a filled larder, and a big fat bank account.  Forget the flowers. What she really wants is someone to pay off her credit card.

Degree of Passion: Passion is not a priority for either Sagittarius or Taurus. Sagittarius is a fire sign, but it is transcendental so its passion is for life, or God, or a higher power, not a particular person. In this relationship the energy would best be directed towards activities or projects that make the world a better place. The causes that set your Sagittarian on fire may not be of interest to Taurus. He is looking for someone to accompany him on his Quest while she would prefer to sit on the sofa in socks and a tee and watch t.v.

Degree of Friendship: Sagittarian can be so friendly it’s annoying and irritating. She will not understand his openness to other people, the continual conversation with strangers when she thinks they are on the date.  This will not leave her feeling very special.  And, since she can’t compete with his charm, it may bruise her ego, as well, to always be the less popular of the two. Will they be friends? Sure, he’s friends with everyone.

Degree of Marriage: This is really unlikely. Unless she is a really unusual type of Taurus that can approach the relationship through her mind more than her senses, or he is the rare Sagittarius who values a homelife, it would be best for these two to leave this as a frolic and always imagine what might have been. If they do make a commitment, it will mean something different to each of them.  He will probably never settle down into a routine that will satisfy her.

Progression of Relationship: The progression of this relationship will remain an absolute mystery to Taurus, and might even drive her completely crazy. He has a logic of his own.  Here, the Taurus patience is working against the lady bull because she keeps thinking that surely he will soon do what she expects of him, what you would expect of anyone else in his position. But, as anyone who has ever been involved with a Sagittarius knows, they don’t like to follow a script.

Sex: This area is likely to be very frustrating for the Taurus. Sagittarius is one of the signs least interested in sex and bulls are known for their insatiable appetite.   She may  try her “seduce me” act for a while, but eventually will tire of trying to lure him into bed.

When It’s Over:  Only the Taurus will read this section, so I’ll direct my comments to her.  When it’s over, you’ll ask, “Why did I ever do this to myself?” You’ll never get out of a relationship with less fuss, but that’s because you were never really in one.

More on Taurus Women

Sagittarius Man and Sagittarius Woman
Sagittarius Man and Capricorn Woman
Sagittarius Man and Aquarius Woman
Sagittarius Man and Pisces Woman

67 Responses to Taurus Woman and Sagittarius Man Compatibility

• victoria says:

this whole description was totally wrong for me. i was the one who always liked to do stuff and he was the couch potato. it was hard for him to keep a job so it was me the taurus lady who had to pay for everything. i dont know why on some of these websites people make it sound like taurus woman are gold digging, lazy, and crazy. thats bullshit!

• Tristesse says:

This was “very” accurate, of course not on the dot but I’ve been on & off with a Sagittarius for 6 years. This so called affair never added up nor did it ever fall apart..it just kept going. I even was okay with him living with his ex-wife in the same home for years because of his obligation, I somehow understood. Well, it kept going until he suddenly decided to leave after an argument and never look back. He was paying too much attention to a bartender one night when we were out. I do, just want to feel special and the “only” one in his eyes but that night it didn’t go the way. Tons of flirting, back & forth but not with me….I just wanted to vomit or at least leave. Anyways, he never has told me he loved me only that he “really” cares for me. Did I mention he is a great talker and can negotiate deals with ease. Recently, he came into my life again after a 5 month break…from me I suppose. But I did see how other men with different signs are drawn to the Taurus. I’m independent, athletic and can change from handy girl to a black dress in an hour. I would never ask for money from him but I do appreciate gifts, although he has never bought me anything but perfume,once. My credit card would be great!…but too far fetch for me…lol. After reading this article, I know he isn’t or was never for me. We frolic and play but in most part will just be friends. I do need to find my cozy partner in life and I know the Sagittarius isn’t for me.

• Dee says:

I’ve read alot of bs about my Taurus sign but this is just ridiculous! I am in a relationship with a sag, & none of this applies to us. Not one bit. I agree with Victoria. These sites tend to have something against Taurus people in general & try to make us look like horrible people. Between Taurus & Gemini, I don’t know who gets bashed worst!! At the end of the day, your sign will not make nor break a relationship. So many factors determines how a person acts such as how they were raised, past experiences etc… Overall, I don’t think the Taurus & Sag match is the best out of the bundle, but it sure isn’t what these “writers” make it seem. Smdh…

• Andi says:

Hi all, I ‘m a 44 year old sag man who has fallen for a taurian woman big time, we’ve been going out for 2 weeks, she’s gone away on holiday for 2’5 weeks through work, and i’m missing her like crazy, i used to be one for all the glamour and nights out etc, but now with my girlfriend i just want to settle down and be happy and content. I find these comments very frustrating, due to the serious chats, hopes and dreams we share, my girlfriend is 3 years older than me and has been married twice before, i on the other hand have never wed, although i respect and understand your views from your research, surely i cannot let this tarnish my future with this wonderful woman.

• Kate says:

Having recently split up with a Sagittarian man, I couldn’t believe how accurate this was, especially the part at the end about when it’s over. We’ve been split up three weeks and I’ve not heard a peep out of him, I really can’t believe I put myself through that! Thanks for helping me see it wasn’t meant to be!

• amanda says:

this is very accurate. I went through hell with a sag. he put me through the worst. and I did ask myself many times, why I ever fell for him.

• daja says:

Im a Taurus woman on and off with a Sag man @ the moment it’s a little rocky but not at all what the passage states, i agree its all about how you were raised as well as past relationships…indeed both parties have to be strong enough to put them behind you if not no relationship no matter what sign it is will last…no one has time for bs, at the end of each relationship not matter what one day you just have to let go (moving forward with life,going backwards to a old relationship,or even passing over it still fades…

• MAXIANA says:

not all quite true. i wasnt that possessive but he is irresponsible and have a peter pan syndrome. doesnt have patience, if he wants to get out of the relationship. he simply cuts it off and move on to the next. i dont care if hes friend with anyone or flirts with anyone as long as he values the relationship. I give the freedom he needs but sometimes he hurts my feelings because as time goes by, he sees me as his pal and not a woman he cherishes. Im afraid when as time goes by theres no sparks for us anymore but only friendship. for me friends and lovers are not quite the same. for him its rather somewhat equal. but he is a funny clown in my life.. we broke off and when i finally decided to remain friends, he’s cold. we better as friends no pressure and no hurt feelings. but somewhat it seems like he doesnt want to be good friends., he still attacking me with his cold and distant pressuring with tension gestures i cant understand. sagittarius man is very confusing interesting individuals that can make you insane.

• fresh mike says:

the sex part for the Sagittarius and taurus was so wrong. the bull and half man half horse would have a great exploding time. lol

• Bull Woman 429 says:

Met my Sag man when we were teens, dated thru early 20′s, went our separate ways & now in touch again 30 yrs later. Both now in our mid-50′s, lots of water under lots of bridges–neither of us now who we were in our 20′s, THANK GOODNESS! Time + experiences equals WISDOM: fellow Bulls, people are NOT **possessions**. Hard lessons learned are never forgotten–I wrote the book & gave my OWN self an autographed copy!

• Bull Woman 429 says:

My Sag is intelligent, hard-working, responsible, kind & generous–always was, even when we were kids. He loves me with his entire heart & soul, always did, and I couldn’t POSSIBLY love him more deeply than I do! Time & space allowed us to grow. The wonderful gift of the Universe has brought us back together. Whatever lies ahead & wherever life takes us, we’ll face it hand in hand.

• Johnny says:

2/10 seems legitimate, Sagittarius man who spent time, effort, money, etc for something that wasn’t worth anything. All the Taurus woman wants is money, and someone who is willing to spend that money on them. No affection, no bonding, nothing but you spending money on her. They’re soooooooo selfish it makes me sick, they play so many mind games it drives me nuts, they lie so much it makes me want to throw a tantrum that Sagittarius’ are known to have locked up underneath our fun/optimistic attitude. For the best, Sagittarius and Taurus people out there: Keep it moving.

• Ruchik Bhatt says:

I have been with taurus women, I love her like crazy, but she thinks this trait of my as weakness. I never fully understood what taurus women want, but well, I feel offended when someone doesn’t care to care when we really do. I don’t understand this really, but surely love her. Amen.

• TruthSeeker says:

Sorry, but this description was TOTALLY WRONG!! I agree with the above commenters that some sites and people just totally misunderstand Tauruses and Sagittarians. A Taurus woman and Sagittarius man combination is HIGHLY COMPATIBLE. A Taurus man and Sagittarius woman isn’t not so much compatibility.

I know many Taurus woman-Sagittarius man couples who have been happily together for years. It’s a little slow to start, but if a Sagittarius man is persistent, the relationship eventually skyrockets to total bliss. The Sagittarius man will enjoy the chase and should never give up because the Taurus woman does observe very well even if she may not take action right away. In bed, the sex is OUT OF THIS WORLD as the commenter above pointed out. Both signs are related creatures. The Taurus woman is the emotionally stable but fun friend and lover all in one.

The only time I’ve seen a Fire and Water sign combination is when the Water sign is usually manipulating the Fire sign. The Fire signs trust too quickly and can be slow to realize how they are being manipulated. Water signs, like Scorpio, seek a powerful person, such as the Sagittarius man, to control and to manipulate to get what they want. Usually, the Scorpio seeks material things, attention and loyalty, but ironically, does not give back to her partner in the same way. I know of several Scorpio women that are married or in relationships with Sagittarius men but constantly flirt and cheat with other guys. Yet, if a Sagittarius guy is the least bit flirtatious, or even receives something as a gift from another women or gives a gift to another woman, the Scorpio woman will be quick to label it infidelity. Meanwhile, the Scorpio woman is secretly sending nude or bikini pics of herself to another guy or even hooking up with them. The Scorpio woman is not above withholding sex to manipulate men either. She will usually seek something like a shopping spree or some kind of material payment before she turns her bitch mode off. The Sagittarius man just wants to keep the peace, thus obliges.

Tauruses are not boring either. It’s only want they want to project sometimes to maintain their professional reputations or to avoid attracting jealousy from others. They do mind giving up the spotlight to avoid drama. However, this does not mean that they do not have and seek adventures. Tauruses are quite the social butterfly and love to party! A party is like a magnet for Tauruses because it is usually a harmonious event.

I am a Sagittarius male and have been utterly happy with my marriage of over 20 years with my Taurus wife. We have never had any fights and only minor discussions about household stuff. I am free to do as I please, but I usually want her by my side. It’s like being married to my best friend. She is so lively, intelligent, practical and patient. Our sense of humor totally matches.

Prior to my Taurus woman, I was married to this Scorpio woman who ran me broke and constantly manipulated to get new clothes, shoes, a car, etc. If I didn’t give in to her demands, she’d go into her moods (and water signs are notorious for being moody and manipulative). I felt obligated to stay with her due to our history as high school sweethearts. She’d always make me feel guilty for some things I didn’t feel were wrong, such as being nice not flirtatious to old exes or spending time with the guys. You can’t erase memories, but she wanted to be the only memory in my life. The whole time she painted this image of her being so virtuous only for me find out years later that she had been fooling around with an old ex the whole time. See, not all Sagittarius men cheat. I was devastated but more so mad at myself for not realizing her manipulation earlier. We Sagittarius men are optimistic to a fault. We end up ignoring the signs of manipulation.

I’ve usually dated Fire or Air signs, but who knew that Fire and Earth combinations are so compatible?? I’ve read on some other sites that there’s an instant attraction between Fire and Earth signs and that they somehow need and temper each other, and I couldn’t agree more! Guys, if you want to be stressed out and secretly manipulated, then find a Water sign. But if you want to be totally happy, give a Taurus woman a try. I am so glad I did!

• melody montano says:

I guess the other factors matter like background and natal chart but I’m in a loving nurturing committed relationship with a Sagittarius man and he is wonderful. You just never know who might be your like minded equal that pegs you as the One. Sex is the BEST. ..and he is just the masculine type to let me be the highly sensual creature I am. We complement each other. He always let’s me know how much he adores me and I feel so safe. ..he’s 8 yrs older but looks so young and vivacious because of his golden heart and optimism. We share our feelings opinions thoughts freely and respect each other and trust is never an issue. We’re both happy to be together. He’s my sexy Daddy and I’m his little Taurean girl. : )

• monica says:

I’m a 22 year old Taurus woman, dating a 24 year old Sagittarius man. We’ve been dating 3 years

Lets see, it started out really difficult.. definitely takes an evolved version of these signs to make it last! But, this ended up being the only relationship that has worked for me.

We both started out being extremely insecure, the dynamics between us were extremely chaotic.. But after every fight we found out something about each other. For example, if he hatefully criticized me about something I would say, “hey.. where is this coming from? Are your feelings hurt?” He would immediately change faces and confide in me. We never have the same fight twice. Once the two of you realize the reason behind each other’s actions, you both stop being so insecure and filling the relationship with fear and negativity.

So if you’re both not taking this as a learning experience, it will not work. Although our relationship still requires self control, it has reached an easy stability. Which is what us taurus want, right? Well, it’s what a Sag wants too. It’s not like he “enjoys” an emotional roller coaster ride. Sagittarius don’t want to fight with you all the time! They need stability too. When they leave free to roam, they don’t want to come back to an unstable relationship, so they don’t. You, taurus, are creating the instability that you hate by fighting with them when they leave or about how much attention they give you! It’s funny, every time i gave up and just let go, he was back doing exactly what i wanted.

I have a problem talking about my feelings (character trait of taurus) I definitely fell in love with him first (he was infatuated first), but he was the one to say, “i love you” first. I think Sagittarius and Taurus are very complimentary because of the fact that Sagittarius will take the initiative, and we will wait. I’ve never been able to open up to any other guy before this one. He knows secrets about me I haven’t been able to tell a soul, and I know his.

Also, a lot of people don’t take into account how much these two signs actually have in common. Both of these signs don’t rush into relationships, have a firm sense of right and wrong, are looking for a lifetime partner, are romantic, love sex and food, animals, value trust and honesty..

If you’re a self aware person, then yes, date a Sagittarius. If you’re not, this will be the most emotionally trying relationship possible for you.

• monica says:

Oh, and- I’m one of the exceptions for a taurus and he’s and exception for a Sag. I am extremely adventurous and was always getting into trouble growing up.. He likes to stay in quite a bit for a sag. But, then again.. you can’t just rely on sun signs when trying to figure people out :)